357 vs 372?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy them both :clap: I have them both and have used them to cut firewood on a 22 acre old growth oak forest killed off by oak wilt nearly all the trees were 30"+. The 357 was the main machine for wood up to 30" using 20" bar and the 30"+ was the domain of the 372 running a 28" to about 48" and a 3120 running a 60" for the stumping. We all know what it's like horsing a saw all day but if a pound can be saved early in the day thats a pound later in the day thats lighter :greenchainsaw: I really like the 357 for the majority of my cutting fast and powerful and has a longer run time that the 372 but the 372 is a sweet machine.

ohhh yeah the 357 is very good handleing lightweight firewood saw. there is no doubt about that. specaily in wood 24" and small wearing a 20" bar

i forgot to mention that i also have a 359 basicaly the samething as a 357 only mine had more power. i loved buckn firewood with that thing. it would burry the 20" bar past the tip with no hesitation

i haven't felled any 24 inch stuff with the 357xp. but i have felled some 24inchers with my shindaiwa 575 with the 20 inch bar on it. no question the 357xp can cut the 24s. the shindaiwa being a little less hp and all.

it is just that a bigger saw with the right bar/chain will be so much faster. a 372xp with a sharp chain will just scream through a 24 inch oak.

for the bigger timber felling the bigger saws are faster and they don't fatigue you as quick as a smaller saw does.

Good choice on the 372. I have a 359 which is almost the twin brother of the 357 and it's a great cutting saw but the 372 puts a big grin on your face.:clap:

Latest posts

Back