357xp, a good first chainsaw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a flocked screen. Nearest Dolmar dealer was too far away for me.
I have a great local Husky dealer, but he does not stock the 357, so I don't feel too guilty. I hope to have no warranty issues::spam: (my daughter wanted the spam)

matty f said:
Depends on how much cutting your gonna do..seems pretty pointless to me to go buy the most expensive saw possible and only use it to cut fire wood a few times a year when a saw like the ms390 has the same power as the ms361,is cheaper and if the saws sharp you wont notice the difference

Well here is a little perspective for ya, I owned a 390, I paid $489 plus tax for it, last I knew Ammicks was selling the 357 for $459. The 390 wont even begin to touch a 361 power wise, yes it's there on paper, but run both, then come and talk to me.
So, he gets a pro saw, delivered to his door, for $30 less, minus taxes, how is that the most expensive saw?
Andy

Pablo26 said:
I::spam: (my daughter wanted the spam)
For a trick on the little girl, hurry up and go buy her a BIG can of SPAM for christmas and take a pic when she opens it. Tell her the spam can man heard she likes the spam can man on AS.

P.S. i know for a fact it was carb issues on the 357 for the DQ. it was a friends saw.

matty f said:
Depends on how much cutting your gonna do..seems pretty pointless to me to go buy the most expensive saw possible and only use it to cut fire wood a few times a year when a saw like the ms390 has the same power as the ms361,is cheaper and if the saws sharp you wont notice the difference

Pure BS......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I decided to buy the 357 from Amick's with that $50 off. I think that I will be very happy with it and it should last me a long time! Who knows, I may end up with another chainsaw or two after I get this one broken in![/QUOTE]

Personnally I am glad I had the smaller Stihl 026 for my first saw. Was dumb and only recentlyg got chaps, got newfound respect with this saw. I managed to cut oak that size for years with the 026, pretty happy with sharp RS chain. I could picture a small saw like the 353/346xp being really handy in maintaining that 20 acres though, might be lots of smaller stuff to cut, easy to hike around with, and learn some good technique with sharp chain keeping it in the powerband. Time to BBQ now:blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :rockn:

Back