357XP or MS 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut4fun said:
The new 372XPW has the 375K topend cylinder with reworked transfers more like the stock 372 topends. So you are actually getting more cc's in this saw.
Here is what Baileys says, (372XPW w/ full wrap handlebar

This 74.66cc (4.55 cubic inches) is loaded with features including side mounted chain adjuster, Air Injections air filtration system and Smart Start compression release for easy starting. 372XPW also has a transparent fuel tank and LowVib anti-vibration system. Bar and chain are sold separately.

Never ran a 361 yet, but happy with the 357 that i do have. Only thing i dislike on the 357 so far is the bar adjuster is a pain.

Cut, are you sure about this? I'll bet that it isn't a Husky cylinder, and therefore not warranteed by Husky. That's what Baileys did with the 334/338: put one of their Chinese jug kits on the saw. (Told to me by my Husky rep) It would A, be very unlikely that Husky would make a special run of larger 372's for Baileys, and B, it would probably be an EPA nightmare to try it.

spike60 said:
Cut, are you sure about this? I'll bet that it isn't a Husky cylinder, and therefore not warranteed by Husky. That's what Baileys did with the 334/338: put one of their Chinese jug kits on the saw. (Told to me by my Husky rep) It would A, be very unlikely that Husky would make a special run of larger 372's for Baileys, and B, it would probably be an EPA nightmare to try it.
That is what Grand Dog stated in another site. That it is a Husky 375K concrete saw cylinder with reworked transfers closer to the 372. Hence the 74.66cc's and not the 78cc's of the aftermarker BB kits from overseas. Just was passing on the info.

Cut4fun said:
That is what Grand Dog stated in another site. That it is a Husky 375K concrete saw cylinder with reworked transfers closer to the 372. Hence the 74.66cc's and not the 78cc's of the aftermarker BB kits from overseas. Just was passing on the info.

Thanks Cut;

I'm still curious about who is screwing them together. I will check with my rep tomorrow and share what I find out.

Cut4fun said:

I can confirm that, that's what he said.:)

.....but the BB kits aren't 78 cc, when the big dog looked further into it, it was more like 76.5, as I suggested based on bore and stroke.......:)

Latest posts

Back