359 throwing chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grapple Man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
View attachment 256929hi all,
Its been a long time since I have been able to spend any time on the site. Business is booming so surfing the net has really came to a halt. Anyway having trouble with my ported 359 throwing chains. We run saws for a living so all the basics have been covered. This saw is running about 15200 rpm and working with a 20"sprocke tip bar 3/8 50 semi chisel chain. Has tons of torque and speed which is great because we cut lots and lots of hedge posts so I don't really want to sprocket this thing down. But I just don't know. Is it running too fast for the setup I am working with?Need to try a different bar? We don't throw a chain every few months with our other saws, and that is usually doing tsi on some small crap so it happens. With the 359 we will throw 2 to 3 a day at least. Driving me crazy please help.

I will include some pics to hopefully help motivate some responses.

thanks all

Joe
View attachment 256926View attachment 256927

Last edited:
Cutting mostly with the saw on its side? If so, tighten the chain a little more and make sure your using the dawgs to hold the weight of the saw and not the bar. If the chain is pulled away from the bar and given some side pressure, at that speed, it will throw it every time.

Are you throwing the same chain or different chains? Did you damage the drive links in the process?

I cringe when I throw a chain because my experience it will be prone to jumping off again.

Latest posts

Back