359 XPW

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Terry called me up and asked about there being an outside dog for the 357/359. I never knew they made one. Went to the IPL and found that there was also a full wrap handle for those things. Never saw one before but figured we ought to give it a try and have a look. This saw is actually a 357 with a 359 top end that was ported by Motomedik. Thing runs pretty mean so it ought to look mean, right? :clap:

reByRH1.jpg

4gH1JLM.jpg

That would be nice on one of them for a small falling saw.

Looks good! I always thought it would be handy to a wrap handle those saws.... when did they become available?

They were available back when the saws were still being produced, maybe all the while. Don't remember the year of the IPL that I found that on. I also don't remember there ever being a "W" model on the price list, at least here in the East. Not that many years ago the "W" models generally weren't available here in the East, only being stocked in Reno. If you tried to order one you'd get a "not available from your warehouse" message.

They were available back when the saws were still being produced, maybe all the while. Don't remember the year of the IPL that I found that on. I also don't remember there ever being a "W" model on the price list, at least here in the East. Not that many years ago the "W" models generally weren't available here in the East, only being stocked in Reno. If you tried to order one you'd get a "not available from your warehouse" message.
Good to know, thank you!
I just found the wrap handle in the 359 EPA (2007-03) IPL.
Not a bad price either... probably even better through a dealer like yourself.
If I ever get my grubbing paws on one I will be looking you up!

That would be nice on one of them for a small falling saw.
It's a great set-up on a modded 357/359. I have two of the wrap handles and five new sets of the dawgs. I'm building a modded 357 for both me and my brother.

The dawg sets are on sale at Baileys right now for $3.75 per set, with the roller chain catcher.

It's unreal how cheap the dogs are. My cost on them is comical. Now order dogs for a 372 and they are something like $18 each.

The dawg sets are on sale at Baileys right now for $3.75 per set, with the roller chain catcher.

Yep!

I just picked up a set for my 359 a few weeks ago.

I was looking at a set on eBay for like $27 when I stumbled across the ones at Baileys.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

It's a great set-up on a modded 357/359. I have two of the wrap handles and five new sets of the dawgs. I'm building a modded 357 for both me and my brother.

I should have kept the one I had. I'm still thinking about a 562xpw though.

I got the big dogs on my 357 they look sweet. I have a couple wrap handle saws and every Tree guy that see's them wants one until they see the price of Xpw's. I use my 562xpw as a block and small tree bait saw and man the wrap helps.

I just got a setof the large spikes from Bailey's and couldn't believe how cheap they were.
What's a good price for the full wrap? I saw one somewhere recently when looking and it was like $85.00. That seemed a little steep. I want one but not sure if I want one that bad. Any suggestions on where to look for a cheaper one?

Latest posts

Back