361 air filter problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the filter performance on 55 saw gets better as the filter cloggs. As she gunks up the saw leans out, chain goes fast and cuts better. Once she seizes, you will never need to clean the filter again.

lmfao!:cheers:

Excellent advice! :laugh: :laugh:

...allmost deserves red rep.......:laugh: :ices_rofl:

Last edited:
So...........really no help/advice other than take it back to the dealer? I took it off yesterday and blew it out real good with compressed air and took my time putting it back together........it looks as though the silicone seal around the outer edge makes good contact everywhere, and the chips I found in there were too large to fit around the center stud.

I am supposed to fell and buck 3 good size trees today for my cousin so we will see how it does.

Waylan

So...........really no help/advice other than take it back to the dealer? I took it off yesterday and blew it out real good with compressed air and took my time putting it back together........it looks as though the silicone seal around the outer edge makes good contact everywhere, and the chips I found in there were too large to fit around the center stud.

I am supposed to fell and buck 3 good size trees today for my cousin so we will see how it does.

Waylan

Montag Stihl? I would vote for bringing it back to the dealer and let him take a look.

Right now the saw has less than 1 tank through it........these 3 large oak trees should give me more time on that saw, and I will watch the air filter carefully. If more gets in I will definitely be taking it back to the dealer. Hopefully I pulled the air filter and somehow inadvertently allowed some chips to fall in..........we will see if it occurs again.

Waylan

attachment.php

Sorry Troll I had no idea what was under the lid.......Here is the cover that was on the rite before I pulled it off...Yes I just pulled that screw...

Just remember to carry blue loc tite with you to loc the starter bolts,muffler, topcover , may as well just put loc tite on the whole saw...:cheers: :cheers:

Can't speak for the 55 but my 372 and 395 all bolts present and accounted for, no locktite used, periodic tightening yes! I am old school anyway would keep bolts tight regardless!

Last edited:
Being a Stihl man I ask this question seriously and not poking fun at Husky.

You need tools to get to the air filter on a Husky?

Latest posts

Back