361 air filter problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Opps log hit my 288 ^

Some have plastic clips and some have metal clips and some have screws...

Last edited:
Ok husky bolts occasionally require tightening, stihl filters require
cleaning more often but all this is maintenance issues either performed
or not! I like husky but stihl also makes fine saws, as do dolmar we like
to pick at each other, it is in a sawporaters nature!

Last edited:
Just remember to carry blue loc tite with you to loc the starter bolts,muffler, topcover , may as well just put loc tite on the whole saw...:cheers: :cheers:

The problem with Husky's is solved best by putting the blue loctite in the gas instead of mix oil. Use 32:1 if you like..

The problem with Husky's is solved best by putting the blue loctite in the gas instead of mix oil. Use 32:1 if you like..

That would be similar to the problem I had with my flatbottom
boat I fixed it,come to find out I had left a 028 anchor out from
catfishing the night before and it got tangled in me prop:monkey:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Opps log hit my 288 ^

Some have plastic clips and some have metal clips and some have screws...

OK thanks for the info. I am much wiser now.

Seeing that I derailed this post some, I will most likely divert my questions to the local Husky technician down at Lowes. He should know more. :dizzy:

Seeing that I derailed this post some, I will most likely divert my questions to the local Husky technician down at Lowes. He should know more. :dizzy:

Huh they don't carry the pro line up in those stores:confused:
This may upset me if it did not come from a state that men marry men!

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is a Husky 55 with slider open...........2 tanks of gas.....This is just cutting not pouring chips and dust over the saw......

Thats not a good statement for air injection young man. Seems the winter flap was left open. Lets have a look at one with the flap close.

attachment.php

Hmmmm ok, so it doesn't work as advertised, :) :) :) :) :)

This may upset me if it did not come from a state that men marry men!

Do not lump me in that group. I am from the Western part and we seceded from those nut jobs years ago. Trying to join Vermont at the moment. :)

In other words you are confusing what we call the "Republic of Cambridge" with Massachusetts.

Last edited:
Thats not a good statement for air injection young man. Seems the winter flap was left open. Lets have a look at one with the flap close.

attachment.php

Hmmmm ok, so it doesn't work as advertised, :) :) :) :) :)

Question is thall; and I do want honesty what was the hours use?
All filter get dirty eventually just a fact of life.

I did not lump ya bud, just messing with ya :cheers:

Oh I know. I am not proud of some of the things they do either. If you ever look at the voting map of Mass, you see a very distinct line. The nut-jobs to the East and us normal folk to the West. Problem is they out number us over there 11 to 1. Good thing is we have more rifles on our side of Mass. :)

At least we get good jokes out of it. One being that car dealers stop putting jacks and spare tires in Eastern Mass, due to the number of towns were it is illegal for you to change a flat tire yourself along side the road. Car has to be towed off the road.

Oh I know. I am not proud of some of the things they do either. If you ever look at the voting map of Mass, you see a very distinct line. The nut-jobs to the East and us normal folk to the West. Problem is they out number us over there 11 to 1. Good thing is we have more rifles on our side of Mass. :)

At least we get good jokes out of it. One being that car dealers stop putting jacks and spare tires in Eastern Mass, due to the number of towns were it is illegal for you to change a flat tire yourself along side the road. Car has to be towed off the road.

Wow I am glad I stopped for the night in watertown that is some what west eh?

Wow I am glad I stopped for the night in watertown that is some what west eh?

If you had to pay about $14 in tolls to travel 2 miles in 45 minutes without seeing a pickup truck ..............sorry that is not Western Mass. :)

Ok I must have looked out of place in my one ton dodge and stetson
then huh :hmm3grin2orange:

If you had that and a cigarette in your mouth I am surprised you did not get arrested.

You did not notice the parents shielding their kid's eyes?

The cheaper ones have screws, and so does the older ones.

The newer pro saws have clips.

The 55 is both old and non-pro, and the basic design didn't include air injection - it is an afterthought on that saw.......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back