361 air filter problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question is thall; and I do want honesty what was the hours use?
All filter get dirty eventually just a fact of life.

Hours of use, got no clue. The biggest problem with air injection is people thinking or even being told they don't have to clean the filter. They all have to be cleaned. The one I had here is dirty on the outside and inside, nothing but neglect. Has nothing to do with the design, merely a lazy operator.

Hours of use, got no clue. The biggest problem with air injection is people thinking or even being told they don't have to clean the filter. They all have to be cleaned. The one I had here is dirty on the outside and inside, nothing but neglect. Has nothing to do with the design, merely a lazy operator.

Very true, and some people just are stupid.....

Nice to see you around again!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Very true, and some people just are stupid.....

Nice to see you around again!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Yup, people tend to know one thing, run it till it quits. Maintiaining the unit is something they never consider.

Back at ya ole feller. Been rocking and rolling here. Gearing up for a Saturday Stihl sales this week-end. Haven't had much time to do anything cept sell sell sell.,:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I searched and found 1 thread where someone was having problems with their 361 air filter not sealing well.

I made about 10 cuts yesterday, pulled the air filter off, and some small shavings were laying inside the air filter.......on the black plastic pieces. The saw is new, still on its first tank. Seal looks good, air filter cover tightened down good, can see no reason chips should be getting in there. Any advice?

Waylan

I am having similar problems with my 460, as well as teh MS200. On the 460, the rubber is too hard to actually seal against the carb. I don't know what is wrong withthe 200. Maybe Stihl is looking to sell more piston kits....... I think it is stupid. 026 filters are terrible.. How much trouble is it for old "Uber Alles" to make an air filter that actually seals? I am gonna start caulking the suckers in.......:angry2:

I am having similar problems with my 460, as well as teh MS200. On the 460, the rubber is too hard to actually seal against the carb. I don't know what is wrong withthe 200. Maybe Stihl is looking to sell more piston kits....... I think it is stupid. 026 filters are terrible.. How much trouble is it for old "Uber Alles" to make an air filter that actually seals? I am gonna start caulking the suckers in.......:angry2:

There is a difference from the 361, as you expect on those, but not on the 361......:popcorn: :popcorn: :givebeer:

So.. what rubber sealing agasint the carb on the 460? The air-filter has rubber that seals against the filter base.. is that what you are talking about?

The 200 is a sealed system.. and I never have a problem on the 440/460/660 HD etc.. The 026 is a 25 year old system, but.. they still last 2500 hours... dirt on the outside is not an issue... Inside.. what little leaks in around the choke is not really important. If it was, we'd see bad wear on pistion intake, and we don't.

... dirt on the outside is not an issue... Inside.. what little leaks in around the choke is not really important. If it was, we'd see bad wear on pistion intake, and we don't.

I believe you are right, there is no evidence that I have seen that makes this a big issue.......:cheers: :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back