361 barn find (carb question).

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice find,,, but 1 question,,, how in the heck does everyone get lucky to find all these saws in old barns???? :bang::bang::bang: the only thing i ever find is dang blasted rats and mice

nice find,,, but 1 question,,, how in the heck does everyone get lucky to find all these saws in old barns???? :bang::bang::bang: the only thing i ever find is dang blasted rats and mice

Good thing is that I live in the country side. Former owner is dead and everybody around here knows I pick up used chainsaws. It's a small world around here and I'm the only one picking up that kind of "junk"... I get more parts saws than I have time to repair... This one will be fixed for sure since I lack a 361 (I only had a crankcase with a good P&C so far... free also...).

Got this 361 for free.
View attachment 214255
Been used quite a bit but seems to only need a carb kit (and B&C). No time to take it apart (New year preparations). My question, can a 360 carb (or carb kit) fit on a 361?

Looks like it had a hard life, but are you sure it needs a new carb - maybe just a carb kit, and a good cleaning?
Maybe a new fuel line as well....

I doubt much from a 360 will fit, except the cutting attachment. :msp_unsure:

Looks like it had a hard life, but are you sure it needs a new carb - maybe just a carb kit, and a good cleaning?
Maybe a new fuel line as well....

I doubt much from a 360 will fit, except the cutting attachment. :msp_unsure:

Does not need a new carb. A carb kit will suffice. I was just asking since I have a few 360 parts available. I've used this chainsaw 1 year ago. I was the only one who could start it but it did run ok.

Latest posts

Back