361 vibrating noise when cutting???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds normal to me, some saws you hear more than others, I think it's just noise from the rim driving the chain.

A ding noise at idle is the clutch shoe tapping the drum, sounds almost like a bell ringing. This can mean two things, clutch springs are old and need to be replaced, or the saws idling too high.

It sounds normal to me, some saws you hear more than others, I think it's just noise from the rim driving the chain.

A ding noise at idle is the clutch shoe tapping the drum, sounds almost like a bell ringing. This can mean two things, clutch springs are old and need to be replaced, or the saws idling too high.

thats not the noise most of us are talking about. been running saws daily for 25 years. the noise I hear from the 361 when digging in big wood is a chatter from the day it was new. doesn't seem to hurt it none though.

thats not the noise most of us are talking about. been running saws daily for 25 years. the noise I hear from the 361 when digging in big wood is a chatter from the day it was new. doesn't seem to hurt it none though.

Actually that is what I was referring to it's a grinding sound, it's different than the normal whine.:cheers:

Back