361 w/broken upper anti-vibe mount

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those "One Color Saw" guys must just hate it after awhile about hearing that reason #47 to own a Stihl is dealer support!

Well, I'm happy with the uni-color saw. I didn't buy a creamsicle because my local dealer wouldn't even waddle over to show me a saw. I can't imagine him taking a part off a new saw for me.

If you have a good Stihl dealer, well great. But not all are.

JMHO,

Jack

Stopped at the dealer on the way home from the real job, he had already ordered the replacement part but it won't be here B-4 the weekend. The casting looked like it had a small inclusion and wasn't seated square-probably broke the first time I leaned on it.
Anyways, he took the showroom saw down and took the part out of that one, total time - 5-10-minutes plus the assorted BSing with him.

Everything is good, completely different saw with the mount attached. If I hadn't pulled the shroud to PM, I probably wouldn't have found this until real damage had been done. My dealer did the right thing and didn't blink an eye.:cheers:

Good to hear you got taken care of.

+1

Stopped at the dealer on the way home from the real job, he had already ordered the replacement part but it won't be here B-4 the weekend. The casting looked like it had a small inclusion and wasn't seated square-probably broke the first time I leaned on it.
Anyways, he took the showroom saw down and took the part out of that one, total time - 5-10-minutes plus the assorted BSing with him.

Everything is good, completely different saw with the mount attached. If I hadn't pulled the shroud to PM, I probably wouldn't have found this until real damage had been done. My dealer did the right thing and didn't blink an eye.:cheers:

kinda like,,, nothing better than dealer support,,,,,, Try that @ one of tha box stores!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Has anyone seen this mount break before, or was I asking too much of the saw. I was quartering 18" long 30-40" oak with a 24" bar with RSL on it.

Any thoughts.
Yes, you're asking way too much of a Stihl. They're for bucking only. You need a 455 rancher for a task like that.

Also, you need to take the saw back to the money robbing no good son of a Stihl slinger and get your money back, or else get the saw for free.

Back