361 went by by today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskystihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I bought it because I had to try it to see if it was all it was cracked up to be. I liked the saw but the issue was it was such an in betweener that it just never got used. 70 percent of the time I have a top handle in my hand and the other 30 is divided up between a 372 with a 20" and a 460 with a 32" for the trunk and stump.To be honest and the stihl guys are gonna not like this next part but I didn't feel like it was as fast in the cut as the 359's that we ran the piss out of. Just couldn't see letting a $600 saw set on the shelf, I got 475 out of it and threw in an extra chain and some mix to get him started. Farewell 361.

I've been wanting to try out a 361. I doubt if I would ever buy one, for what it is a 60cc saw it's expensive even used.
I'm afraid that after what I've read about them on here my expectations for them are very high. Maybe to high.

You must not cut firewood!!! LOL, I can see why you don't need it with your saw line up!!! Maybe you need a 50cc saw....

Smart move. I have over 700 clams into my saw, including the muffler mode, and it is the only saw I own that if it died today I would NOT purchase again. Mine stihl owes me some money, so it stihl needs to do some work. Other day it was on a crane job removing a dead red oak that got wacked when they installed the McManison. This tree was stone cold dead and the 372 got rocked during the bucking so the backup saw “361 Miss Daisy”( as in driving) got to make the flush cut. It was about a 30” stump and dry as a bone. Miss Daisy did not like it, but she did “get her done”.

Sad to here you got rid of it. If I only used it on the ground I wouldn't care for my 361. I like something a bit more powerful when cutting firewood. When it comes to climbing though, that's the only saw I want after the 200's done with the small stuff. I still recommend the 361 as the best 1 saw plan for firewood guys though.

I don't blame you at all. I wouldn't have one. It's a terrific saw, just not my cup of tea.

No shame at all. I want one but have a 357xp, so I don't have a place for it. The 357 doesn't get used enough the way it is. I just like my 70cc saws I guess. Someday maybe.

Sad to here you got rid of it. If I only used it on the ground I wouldn't care for my 361. I like something a bit more powerful when cutting firewood. When it comes to climbing though, that's the only saw I want after the 200's done with the small stuff. I still recommend the 361 as the best 1 saw plan for firewood guys though.

I agree if you a firewood cutter it fills the bill but honestly my 372 doesn't really feel any heavier to me than the 361 did, both with 20" bars but the 372 feels a hell of alot more powerfull. Price wise they were real close to the same. I still might grab another 359 someday just because it was one of my all time favorites and was a prosaw in my eyes just noone ever told it.

Back