365 bored out versus 372.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i was talkin with the husk rep at an northern tool show day where the variouse tool makers send reps dn.. he admitted he had, had his 365 bored out ,[the best i could understand] from what he was sayin... my question of those in the know,, is did he actually create an equal to the 372 doing this. he seemed to think he did.

I dont understand the ??? could you state it a bit better so I can figger out what you're asking?

Tony

I doubt anyone would bore and re nikasil that jug. The 365 jug does not have near the streamlining in the transfers that the 372 does. That fellow probably did what I did and replaced the jug and is using the term had it rebored. But sometimes people do some strang things.

Frank

i used the word bored out cause that was what i thot he was talkin..he coulda meant he changed out the the cylinder and piston to the 372 parts if thats possible. still im thinking the xp saws are suppose to have a few things the non xp saws dont have.. different carboration an porting an such..either way its nothing to me ,,i was just curious. im afraid my lack of mechanic know how may be showing with the question.

Tony, I could have checked the timing between the two jugs but the comparative shape between the transfers and the size of them forcast the difference at high rpm. The 365 is a torqy saw and probably very close to the 372 at lower rpms, but the 372 sure hits a lot of high notes that the 365 cant reach, figuratively speaking. and that was before EHP played around in there with his die grinder. Cutting times in the same wood and chain and muffler went from 2.4 with the 365 to 2.1 new stock 372 jug to near 1.5 seconds 372 ported and more broken in. There is probably some improvement in technique to account for some of the gains but in any case it would take a pretty sharp young lad with a bucksaw to beat it.

Frank

Back