365 going big bore

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernX

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello guys,

first of all I have to introduce myself, I am new to this forum. My name is Bernie, and I live in Austria, I'm not a professional logger, but I do work quite a bit in the woods throughout the year. My old Husky 61 finally broke down this year and I decided instead of continuing to fix this old thing again and again, to get a new 365 special. I'm very happy with it, it runs really well and is still lightweight.
Now, I've been reading posts on the 365 and 372XP for a while now here on the boards, and I saw there are lots of guys that run them with the 75 cc big bore kit. I wondered if it's really worth the price, and if there is a remarkable power increase. Also I'm a bit concerned about the durability of these kits, some say they are good, others say they're rather poor quality. I don't need it for competition or anything, I just want to get more power from the saw, and it should be durable enough to work in the woods under hard, and also under cold conditions. I also wondered if I would have to port the muffler when I use that kit on it, and if this is something I could do myself? I must admit I'm not much of a mechanic.

I saw two kits on ebay, does anybody here have experiences with one, or both of them, and which one would be better? Since they are about the same price, I'm not sure which one I should get.

BIG-BORE CYLINDER KIT, 52 mm, fits HUSQVARNA 365, 371, 372 | eBay

HUSQVARNA 365 371 372 XP CHAINSAW CYLINDER KIT BIGBORE | eBay

Would I need anything else to be able to install the kit on my saw, apart from the items that come along with the kit? My 365 is a 2010 model.

Your help is much appreciated:)

Best regards from the alps,

Bernie

forgive me, i haven't been on the forum in years, but i have done that same thing. If it's a special, then you should be ok, but one of the carbs usually doesn't flow enough...i believe the good one is a walbro, forgot the other manufacturer's name. also, there's a bunch of reviews on the kits on here. there is a bunch i wouldn't truct, and even the decent ones have crooked or sloppy ports. I wanna say there is one manufacturer that actually does a good cylinder, but piston is iffy; all my info is a little old. anyways, i would read up on the cylinder kits AND the piston kits.

-jordan

I have a wood's ported 372 and it certainly does some great sawing.

I don't have any first hand knowledge with the big bore kit.

Latest posts

Back