365 Husky upgrade????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
Reaction score
Ive seen in a post recently that the 365 Husky will accept 372XP Cylinder & Piston kit,,,, Well what about a step further,,,,how about the big bore kit that they sell @ Baileys which is currently sold out of,,,, has anyone tried that????

Both of my 372's used to be 365's in ther former life.

It is a bolt on affair, as the crank and case are the same.

The one porblem you may encounter is the carb may or may not work depending on how old the saw is. The older 365's with the Zama carbs will not supply enough fuel and they don't have a replacable main jet. You will need to find a Walbra HD carb from a newer 365 or 371, 372 or 375K chop saws. I even have a couple extra if you need one.

You can leave the 365 air filter setup, which is the same setup on the Jonsered 2071/2171 saw, or you can upgrade to the HD style filter. Both work, but IMO the 372 tall filter cover looks more badazz!!! lol.

And yes the BB372 kit will work just the same on it as it will a 372, 371, Jonsered 2171/2071, 2065/2165 2063/2163.

I even have a few really good stock 372 piston and cylinder if you are interested in original quality stuff. Good luck, and if you need any parts or help let me know.

-Steve

I don't think that the kits has arrived yet, but it should be possible to put them on the 365.

The only issue I can think of, is if your 365 has the Zama carb....

....Doctor Steve will probably know for sure.....;)

Edit, he beat me to it - I was occupied in the kitchen for a while......

It is an 05 365 special,,,,pristine condition I looked & it has the newer walbro carb, havent checked the model # on it yet will PM about the PC:rockn: Yep on the kitchen!!!!LOL Thanks Troll as always
You guys are the best

carb should work ok, might have to crank out the low and high jet screws a little more past one turn to get it right...might not either. haven't messed with any of the walbro carbs after 2002.

Back