365 Oiler Problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtheo

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The oiler quit working on my used 365. I pulled the oil pump and the threads on the plastic drive wheel were worn slick.

I ordered an OEM part and installed it.

It pumped oil for less than a minute and quit.

I pulled the oil pump and the threads on the new plastic drive wheel are worn slick.

What am I missing here guys?

Thanks for any help on this.

It's most often the gear, as you've suspected. But in this case it looks like you are going to need a pump.

My first thought, since I see it pretty often up here is summer bar oil on a frigid morning, but I guess that shouldn't be a problem for your location. :givebeer:

My 10 year old 365 just did that last summer. the oil pump was locked up....you should be able to turn the worm gear on the pump with the plastic out....if not, or it is hard to turn, it is locked up.

I'd also recommend you cleaning your oil tank when you pull the pump....prolly got some crud in there over the years that cause it to lock up

Pull your oil pump out and see if you can turn the worm shaft. If it is stuck or difficult to turn, pull the pump apart and you will probably find corrosion on the shaft. If not too bad buff it up with steel wool so that it turns easily.
Should be OK then but if you still have trouble the alloy main pump casting may have corroded as well. Then you would need to replace some parts.
This oil pump is simple to work on.:)

Nardoo

Latest posts

Back