365 or 555 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't ya know it I just passed a yard sale and saw an orange saw so I turned around and it turned out to be 350 in really good shape started and ran good. Got him down to $125 so I bought it. Wishing I would've bought the 365 now.

If another pound and a half weight doesn't bother you go for the 365. That way you have a 70cc saw instead of a 60cc one. THe bigger say won't have to work as hard, and you can run more bar on it should you need to in the future.

LOL!~!!!
I told you so.
Take it back and ask for the 365.

I called him up and asked told him I didn't even start it he told me he could only take it back as a used saw and would loose the $50 difference in the price of the two saws.

You said you would use a 20" bar 90% of the time so the 555 will still suit you just fine,why carry the extra pound and a half around if you don't really need to.

Your right for what I'm using for the 555 will do fine. On paper it would make more sense to have a 50cc and a 70 ish cc saw than a 50 and 60 but paper doesn't weigh 14 pounds either. I got the 350 for a pretty good deal if I don't use it I'll pass it on at a good deal.

Your right for what I'm using for the 555 will do fine. On paper it would make more sense to have a 50cc and a 70 ish cc saw than a 50 and 60 but paper doesn't weigh 14 pounds either. I got the 350 for a pretty good deal if I don't use it I'll pass it on at a good deal.

You'll be fine with what you have now. While 10cc's isn't much of a difference the 555 may perform like a 65cc due to the more responsive power curve from the auto tune. The ligher weight will also be handy and you'll be less tired and prone to incidents. Really if you're running a 20" bar 90% of the time then the 555 should rock it.

If it will bother you then go spend the extra $50 and get the 365, it is seriously impressive if you've never ran a bigger saw. It really wakes you up. Do what you can live with.

Whatever you decide in the end you'll be happy.

You'll be fine with what you have now. While 10cc's isn't much of a difference the 555 may perform like a 65cc due to the more responsive power curve from the auto tune. The ligher weight will also be handy and you'll be less tired and prone to incidents. Really if you're running a 20" bar 90% of the time then the 555 should rock it.

If it will bother you then go spend the extra $50 and get the 365, it is seriously impressive if you've never ran a bigger saw. It really wakes you up. Do what you can live with.

Whatever you decide in the end you'll be happy.

I'm happy with it so far
I put a couple of hours on it this evening.
Couldn't get over how quick it response
absolutely no hesitation at all. I had a 55 and a 575 until recently and neither one was anywhere close to being as quick.

I rest my case from my earlier post, listen to you guys!! The poor OP, now that he bought his saw hope he left the room. Otherwise, two weeks from now he will be wondering when he lays his innocent head on the pillow, what he's missing out on in a smaller saw and whats to be had with a bigger saw. You guys are a bunch of CAD Devils whispering in mans ear. LOL

I rest my case from my earlier post, listen to you guys!! The poor OP, now that he bought his saw hope he left the room. Otherwise, two weeks from now he will be wondering when he lays his innocent head on the pillow, what he's missing out on in a smaller saw and whats to be had with a bigger saw. You guys are a bunch of CAD Devils whispering in mans ear. LOL

Well anybody that knows anything knows you really need to have a 5 saw plan:).

30-40cc for limbing and brush
50cc for general purpose
60cc for all purpose back up
70cc for medium sized wood
90-120cc for larger wood
Top handle for in tree work
20-30cc project saw to rebuild for fun with son as his first saw.

Umm. Did I lose count somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using My Fingers

Actually It's kilowatt times 1.34 = Hp. So for the example of 3.1kw, the horsepower would be 4.154 Hp.

That is hp(i). Hp(m) is kW x about 1.36.

Btw, both hp(m) and hp(i) are bph, so that expression has lost its meaning.

Just keep in mind that maths done on rounded off numbers is a risky game....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back