365 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sre09

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
what is the purpose for the o ring clutch side husqvarna 365?

Some people are unaware of it and assemble the chainsaw without it. They never know the difference.

The Oring is to keep oil from leaking through the sleeve to the outside.

No. The clutch side seal rides on the outside of the sleeve and the Oring keeps oil from traveling inside the sleeve along the crankshaft and out the end near the clutch? But the people that ignored or never knew about the little skinny Oring never had any problem that they were aware of because the sleeve fits tight enough plus the oil film strength, etc, there's just not a significant amount of oil or air leakage there. These people wouldn't know it because of all the bar oil where the leak would be.

I have a dozen of this family of Huskies and I have the Oring in all of them but most didn't have them when I got the saws used. I also know what people say on here and how they act about the Oring.

If you have the saw apart, by all means put the Oring in there. But if the saw runs good and you were just wondering about the Oring - - Don't worry about it until you are working on the clutch or the pump.

Latest posts

Back