365 throttle cable

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperDuty04

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Been putting the 365 back together. The throttle cable wire has a lot of visible slack between the gas tank and case. It comes up through the case, threads through the piece on the intake boot, and wraps over the linkage on the carb. But nothing happens when I pull the trigger. It is connected to the trigger so that’s not the problem. It seems like it should thread through something inbetween the tank and case but I’m not seeing anything there. What am I missing here?

Make sure it is over the cam on the trigger, there should also be a rubber grommet it passes through in the bottom of the air box.

Also make sure the sleeve is started in the trigger cam.

It does still have the plastic over the cable. It’s going through the rubber grommet, then the metal cable only goes through the plastic piece on the intake book, then wraps over and is held in the throttle cam. The cable is loose from the rubber grommet to where it goes in at the trigger and I figured maybe something in that area held it but maybe something flaky is going on side the actual trigger area.

I just replaced the trigger/throttle lock/spring and cable in my 372 yesterday. When you put the spring back in make sure it's in the right spot on the trigger or it will not let the trigger function correctly. It will act somewhat normal but catch sometime and not let the throttle go all the way to idle.

I just replaced the trigger/throttle lock/spring and cable in my 372 yesterday. When you put the spring back in make sure it's in the right spot on the trigger or it will not let the trigger function correctly. It will act somewhat normal but catch sometime and not let the throttle go all the way to isle.

thanks! Guess i need to tear it back apart! Getting that tank off to replace the av springs was a royal PITA

At work right now, if you don't have it figured out by the time I get home I will make a quick YouTube vid and link to it tonight.

No one really explains how the spring is located at the trigger very well and it can be a pain to get the right way.

At work right now, if you don't have it figured out by the time I get home I will make a quick YouTube vid and link to it tonight.

No one really explains how the spring is located at the trigger very well and it can be a pain to get the right way.
Thanks buddy!

Did you remove the trigger? If so when you pull the trigger does it go to almost flush with the handle or does it stay down about a quarter of an inch? If it stays down the trigger cam is in the wrong spot.

When the trigger is put back in the cam has to be put all the way to the rear so everything goes under the brace in the handle. There is a spot the cam hits on the brace in the handle to allow it to cam correctly.

I didn’t remove the trigger, just pulled the cable from the chassis. I can’t remember how the trigger felt when I was pressing it last night. It seemed to be working correctly but it just wasn’t pulling the carb cab enough to open it. My first thought was that something wasn’t catching the plastic shiething allowing the cable to slide inside of it. I know it’s correct on the carb side of things so figured it’s gotta be in the other end.

Thanks guys, I’ll give that a look later. And I’ll have to check with my oldest son, I’m sure he’s got a hemostat laying around lol

By the way for anyone taking them apart, you see vids where people take out the pin for the trigger lock/lever and then use pliers to get the lever out. You don't have to do it that way to remove it, you can remove the pin then take a small screwdriver from the front and put it between the lever and the trigger and barely separate them (no pressure needed) and it allows the lock to come right out without having to grab it with pliers and prying on it.

I did it with the screwdriver in a first vid attempt but had to do a second vid and that part wasn't in it. I ordered a new cable for the one that is in the vid and I will use a better camera when I replace it and make a better video with better lighting to show how to disassemble it and put it all back together that will be easier to see.
Nice vid. @huskihl , check that bench out:guitar:
She's a beauty of a bench isn't it? :D. It was 22F outside and windy so I took the easy way out.

Back