365 xt into a ported 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I been messing with my 365 turned 372 and everyone is telling me the saw needs to run 12700 but mine seriously runs like crap at that rpm. I have a unlimited coil now so I could run higher but everyone has me freaked out that I'm running it too lean.

Also I attempted porting the exhaust side but got nervous and didn't do near what I wanted to. How do you widen the exhaust port like that so much with out messing up timing. I know I can go wider but it looks in your pictures like you took quite a bit all the way around. Do yiu make it funnel getting larger as it exits the cylinder?

I really didn't widen it that much, yours looks good. I'm guessing you removed the divider in the transfer port cover. You can open the bottom transfers, I think that's where a lot of gains are made, it allows more fuel to make it up to the combustion chamber. I also took about .030 off of the bottom of the piston on the intake side to allow more duration (more fuel for the bigger lower transfers)

That's all I have done to the lowers. Should I take more out. I'm not sure on this because I'm not even 100% sure what this does. Fuel moves faster into tip end maybe or more efficiently? How did you remove material for piston. All I have is a dremel

Back