365 xt into a ported 372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironworker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I started this yesterday and after running for a while I decided to remove the gasket and replaced with yellow folder material. My squish is at .023 exhaust 99 degree and transfers at 121. I did not take stock numbers. How are these numbers as this is my first official port job. I did not check intake yet, really didn't feel like removing carb again and I broke my torq bit so the covers are still on, and I'm off to the in-laws.

That's a good start.. it really just takes practice to get good finishes... let us know how it runs!

See where I drew a line? You're highest point is off center a hair. If you put it in the center and make a nice arch you'll gain another degree of exhaust but it will be more symmetrical.

View attachment 445571
Good eye, its actually not that bad when I shine a flashlight through, not enough to grind more I'm thinking 99 is high enough.

I plan on using yellow folder material for a gasket, does it need some sort of sealer or an adhesive and can I use moto seal.

My degree wheel used to be a lot more primitive than that (I just got a real one)... it was a printed paper degree wheel glued to an old CD. I still haven't improved my pointer, it's a piece of haywire.

I think that folder material should work as a gasket... I like coating my gaskets with copper never-seize so they come apart in 1 piece.

Back