365tx

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ndigity26

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 365xt for 2012 and it is a great saw. I have read and heard that you can use the larger commericial 372 filter with the proper up grades. I ask my local dealer and we went about swaping parts and found the carburetor does not except the 372 horn for the larger filter. I have also seen on baileys web site saying this upgrade will not work on x torques. Is this a dead end, do you need the 372 carburetor or will that not work either? Im just curious at this point because I honestly do know if it's worth the effort.

I recently purchased a 365xt for 2012 and it is a great saw. I have read and heard that you can use the larger commericial 372 filter with the proper up grades. I ask my local dealer and we went about swaping parts and found the carburetor does not except the 372 horn for the larger filter. I have also seen on baileys web site saying this upgrade will not work on x torques. Is this a dead end, do you need the 372 carburetor or will that not work either? Im just curious at this point because I honestly do know if it's worth the effort.

Carbs are probably the same already, get the correct air horn, filter, filter cover, screw, knob The XT HD is probably different than the non XT versions but i would think still do-able. Had about $60 dollars in my HD setup on my 365 Special, could have done a little cheaper with an aftermarket filter. Those things are about $24 dollars, OEM, non XT.

On the 365XT and the 372XT, the carb has the mounting screws at an angle

If you want the 372 HD filter on your 365XT, you will need to use the HD filter elbow from the 372XT version. The filter itself is the same on the XP or XT.

The 372XT HD filter elbow is part number 522 02 45-01

On the 365XT and the 372XT, the carb has the mounting screws at an angle

If you want the 372 HD filter on your 365XT, you will need to use the HD filter elbow from the 372XT version. The filter itself is the same on the XP or XT.

The 372XT HD filter elbow is part number 522 02 45-01

Yes I tried the 372 elbow and the screws holes do not line up on the carb.

For the second time . . . .

The old style 372 with the HD12B Walbro had the mounting screws straight across or horizontal and this will not fit on the XT versions.

The newer Husqvarna 365 (March 2011) & 372XP X-Torque (April 2010) or later versions have a Walbro RWJ-4 carb and the mounting screws are not horizontally positioned. One is higher than the other. This requires that you use the late model 372 X-Torque version air filter elbow. The part number of the HD airfilter elbow required is 522 02 45-01

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, you can do some mods (performance wise) to your 365xt to turn it into a 372xt. Do a search, I think there is a thread on here somewhere explaining it.

Mod the transfer port covers. It's super easy and does wake it up a little. You'll need a T25 security bit to get them off, but it's very straight forward.

The old style 372 with the HD12B Walbro had the mounting screws straight across or horizontal and this will not fit on the XT versions.

The newer Husqvarna 365 (March 2011) & 372XP X-Torque (April 2010) or later versions have a Walbro RWJ-4 carb and the mounting screws are not horizontally positioned. One is higher than the other. This requires that you use the late model 372 X-Torque version air filter elbow. The part number of the HD airfilter elbow required is 522 02 45-01

reading is fundamental

Wow that is awsome you are good too go my friend, and you are absolutrly correct about the mounting holes.

I spoke with my dealer about this and we could not tell from pictures on the parts website if the horn you described has diagonal screw mounts. He ordered one and said he would give it a go. I guess my question to you is have you see this to be true with part your decsribing, this horn is made to fit the xtorque carb and will have the bolt on air filter? Thanks again.

The drawings on the illustrated parts list does not show what I'm talking about on the carb screws.

Husqvarna did not update the drawings when the new chainsaws were introduced. The drawings still show the screws straight across.

Just look at the way your 365XT is made and understand that the 372XT carburetor is the same and has a HD type filter on it.

The 365XT engine has the same bore and stroke as the 372XT and the same displacement of 70.7 cc. The only difference is that there is a little baffle inside the cover plates on each side of the cylinder on the 365XT that are not on the 372XT covers. In a previous post the guys were talking about removing the baffles from the inside of the cover plates. They have to be cut off with a die grinder.

The drawings on the illustrated parts list does not show what I'm talking about on the carb screws.

Husqvarna did not update the drawings when the new chainsaws were introduced. The drawings still show the screws straight across.

Just look at the way your 365XT is made and understand that the 372XT carburetor is the same and has a HD type filter on it.

The 365XT engine has the same bore and stroke as the 372XT and the same displacement of 70.7 cc. The only difference is that there is a little baffle inside the cover plates on each side of the cylinder on the 365XT that are not on the 372XT covers. In a previous post the guys were talking about removing the baffles from the inside of the cover plates. They have to be cut off with a die grinder.

I understand the saws are similar but the air filters are different, I do not have the larger commercial filter. I will look into what you are saying about the baffles. I appreciate your time, I really just want to get the horn right and fit that larger filter on. You have been the most helpful thus far so again thank you.

pm TK or spike60. Both are great husky dealers and will know exactly what u need for this upgrade.

Mod the transfer port covers. It's super easy and does wake it up a little. You'll need a T25 security bit to get them off, but it's very straight forward.

Enlighten me about this because I have the tools deffinately the t25 bit I am game my friend.

The new 372xt and 365xt use the same piston and cylinder (71cc) but to 'derate' the 365 the have put restrictors in the transfer ports hence reducing performance. Remove the restrictors and you have a 372 :msp_wink:

Do you have pics of the two different filters?

My saw has the HD12 carb, the 2172's supposedly used the HD6, and now there's another different carb in the 372's. I'm not sure what the difference is?

The new 372xt and 365xt use the same piston and cylinder (71cc) but to 'derate' the 365 the have put restrictors in the transfer ports hence reducing performance. Remove the restrictors and you have a 372 :msp_wink:

What it the significance of the restrictors? Is there a negative result from this otherwise it sound good.

What it the significance of the restrictors? Is there a negative result from this otherwise it sound good.

The only reason for the restrictors is to reduce performance - by using common components (piston, cylinder, etc.) in both the 365 and 372 Husqvarna can save on production costs. The 365 is an affordable quality saw and has been very popular with mid range saw users so it pays to keep producing the model. The 372 is the 'professional' XP model so it needs to out perform the 365 and therefore justify the $200 price difference.

The only other thing you will need to do is readjust the carb to match the less restricted engine characteristics.

The only reason for the restrictors is to reduce performance - by using common components (piston, cylinder, etc.) in both the 365 and 372 Husqvarna can save on production costs. The 365 is an affordable quality saw and has been very popular with mid range saw users so it pays to keep producing the model. The 372 is the 'professional' XP model so it needs to out perform the 365 and therefore justify the $200 price difference.

The only other thing you will need to do is readjust the carb to match the less restricted engine characteristics.

I have looked into this a little and I appreciate the follow up on the info.

Latest posts

Back