371XP big bore 32" in hardwood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUSSIE1

Al.
Reaction score
Ned and Wild’s fight site Vic. Australia.
Wood is candlebark/brittlegum (hardwood) Chain is semi skip chisel. This 32" bar and chain usually resides on the 395BB.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AB5kx0TWzxE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AB5kx0TWzxE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That dog of yours sure likes to run on logs.

And the saw pulled really well throughout the cut. Cool video, thanks for sharing.

looks great and cuts super.....Now you added to my CAD. Got to do a BB on my 371. Did you do any porting or anything besides the BB?

:greenchainsaw:

Hey Al- that one sounds and looks great. You sure have the numbers dialed in on the 371/372 motors. It does look like a toy though in your meathooks, a 395 would be more appropriate. :)

Thanks guy's.

The BB's work out to be about 76.5cc's and yes the kit has been ported and running an 064 piston. The barrel and piston have been turned down giving 195 psi compression.

Yes Axel has mountain goat in him for sure!

Hey Al- that one sounds and looks great. You sure have the numbers dialed in on the 371/372 motors. It does look like a toy though in your meathooks, a 395 would be more appropriate. :)

Lol, I love those "meathooks" Jacob. The piddly little OEM's did nothing in the wood I cut. Pointless having them on, but these bite just right and yes they are close in size to the 395 but certainly not the largest you can get for these. :)

Strong looking saw there mate,i have never herd of candlebark/brittlegum but i suppose there is hundreds of differant gums,looks nice and dry.Then GB protop bars are the goods,cant fault them.

Thanks guy's.

Strong looking saw there mate,i have never herd of candlebark/brittlegum but i suppose there is hundreds of differant gums,looks nice and dry.Then GB protop bars are the goods,cant fault them.

If you have a look at the pics Matt put up in his "Today's job" thread of my area you can see the Candlebark/brittlegums (white trunks) amongst peppermint and stringy. The tree across the track is one They aren't good for anything really.

Great Vid ,sound good ,i think jacob was referring to our hands not the felling spikes:cheers:

Oh OK, lol.

Looks strong. So a 064 piston fits a BB372? what mods to make the piston fit?

You can turn the piston for a .020 thou popup along with the base gasket removed gives some nice compression. You can fine tune it by checking your squish with the gasket removed. The small end pin bosses need to be opened up to fit the Husky conrod. You have to run the piston back to front for ring end clearance.

In this saw I shifted the top ring pin to the centre so I could get the full benefit of the skirt width for the ports. The piston can also be turned around to face the right direction. I also got the barrel machined down.

Another nice soundin/cuttin 372 A1. Think you got the timing and ports dialed in on em. :cheers:

Another nice soundin/cuttin 372 A1. Think you got the timing and ports dialed in on em. :cheers:

Thanks mate, yeah this one is running by far the best so far that I have done. It has plenty of torque which I was chasing. Nothing special done to this saw really apart from the work done to the piston to get some decent width at the exhaust.

Latest posts

Back