371xp compression?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mifirewoodguy

I live off of 2 stroke gas and fresh cut oak.
Reaction score
Im getting about 110-120 on the original piston and rings, everything still looks good inside the cylinder and piston looks nice. Will rings do the trick? or do I need to re-piston it too?

your pretty low at 110 but if all looks good I would think rings would do it but if I had it a part i personally would put a piston in it too, i have had cylinders look great but if you don't measure with the proper tools you can't be to sure , my saw a 2171, basically the same with no base gasket runs about 180

I just re-ringed a saw back in June with 125 lbs. psi and just like you the cyl and piston looked good. Guess what, the compression stayed the same. Might as well replace the piston while you have it apart. I won't make that mistake again.

I just re-ringed a saw back in June with 125 lbs. psi and just like you the cyl and piston looked good. Guess what, the compression stayed the same. Might as well replace the piston while you have it apart. I won't make that mistake again.

Yea your right and pistons arent that expensive anyways! Least that way Ill know what I got.

Get a meteor piston from baileys and you should be back in business.

Latest posts

Back