372 cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also will the 1 ring piston work? Is one better than the other? Mine has 2 ring piston.
start with 220 grit emorry cloth then go up to 320 to finish. It doesn't look like you will need to sand much though. As said above you having a 2 ring piston means you have an EPA version. No worries putting a 1 ring meteor in there. That's what I have in mine

start with 220 grit emorry cloth then go up to 320 to finish. It doesn't look like you will need to sand much though. As said above you having a 2 ring piston means you have an EPA version. No worries putting a 1 ring meteor in there. That's what I have in mine
Whats the best carb for the 2 ring?

I think, at least for the 2007ish models, there were only two carb options

Normal - 503 28 18-04
EPA - 503 28 18-05

I Dont know what the difference is other than the limiters on the adjustment, but those can be cut off...

I think, at least for the 2007ish models, there were only two carb options

Normal - 503 28 18-04
EPA - 503 28 18-05

I Dont know what the difference is other than the limiters on the adjustment, but those can be cut off...
Gotcha. What size is the Meteor single ring piston? 50mm?

So sand just the streaks in the picture or the whole cylinder? This is dry sanding right? Thanks for the info.

So sand just the streaks in the picture or the whole cylinder? This is dry sanding right? Thanks for the info.
Focus your efforts on the streaks. But always keep the sanding direction around the cylinder not up and down. Try and mimic the cross hatch kind of is the kind of motion I mean. And yes dry sand.

The cylinder ended up having a crack in the base near the transfer walls and was trashed. I picked up a 365 special closed port cylinder used in great shape at a price I couldn't pass up. I'm putting a new caber ring on it and I'm going to run it with out the base gasket. This should be more reliable than Chinese big bore kits and run close to a 50mm 372.

image.jpeg The old cylinder. The piston was also chipped on the skirt, I'm wondering what caused this.

Latest posts

Back