372 xp is here! Got my saw today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 372 is a great saw. thanks for shareing the pics. you will realy like it. and man that thing does look like new

Nice man!!! I've got a 372 XPW and love it!! 24" BC JGX (skip chain) and wow.

FYI - the wrap handle is smack dab in the way of the chain tensioner, sure tilt the scrench a little and it works, but the plastic is all scratched up around teh tensioner screw now....just my 2 cents.

6800 was a torque saw in it's day could be intersting to see how they do in big wood.

The 6800 is a beast, 24 inch bar buried it pulls great. Just like you would expect from a old school dolmar, it does not sound really fast but it doesn't bog either! I will be very surprised if the 372 will out cut it. The husky sounds faster quick acceleration , but I think in the big wood the dolmar may surprise it! I will run them together with the same chain and see what happens, if the husky wins Ill sell my dolmars.

Not really , I will be impressed with the 372 though!

Congrats on the SAW man. you are going to love it! One of the best saws out there!!! have fun cutting! REP Sent

Hey mowood what u doin scared any trees yet? My 084 is on the way any word on yours? About to start a hopped up 272. Will send som details later.
Jason

Hey mowood what u doin scared any trees yet? My 084 is on the way any word on yours? About to start a hopped up 272. Will send som details later.
Jason

No I , forgot about the 084. I cut alot of wood this week though and am pretty happy with the 372, It is a keeper. My 6800 will hang right with it though. Im working on another deal now, just went today and bought a bucket truck!

You got screwed. sell it to a pawn shop and buy a 460

I guess I could do that but then what would I do with all the left over money.
Also I would have to get rid of my 24 inch bars and get some 16s for the 460 which would make a nice trimming saw I agree with you. But I would be right back looking for a good bucking saw again and we all know that means dolmar or husky.

I have a buddy who bought a 460 though and he said it is a great starter saw if your down on your luck and cant afford a husky or dolmar!

Back