372 XP Problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bvomark

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Older 372 XP with intermittent firewood use. It began to act like it was running rich and I tore into it, Checked cylinder and broke a ring putting it together (2 ring piston) replaced ring. Couldn't get it to start, better compression than before. If I pour premis in filter inlet it will start and die.
I took it to my mechanic, he rebuilt Walbro carb. fuel wouldn't run freely so I replaced tank vent. still no strt, so I replaced fuel line and in tank filter. No start, replaced impulse line, blew impulse line out with carb choke cleaner. Looked at carb, but not a lot of experience there still no fuel. What should I try next. Good compresssion and it will run if I pour in fuel.

sounds to me like its still a carb issue. i had one that i rebuilt the carb, but forgot a gasket in the bowl. wouldnt run worth crap. figured it out and replaced the gasket and runs like a top now.

Do you have the impulse line routed right? There is a slot for it. If it's not in the right spot the top cover will pinch it.

Ithink I figured it out. The rebuilt carb doesn't have a diaphram in it. Going to get a new carb, expect that will tke care of it.

Thanks for the replys.

You shouldn't need too replace the whole carb. Just get a carb kit for that model carb. It will have all of the correct gaskets and diaphragm in the kit. And will only cost you about 10 bucks.

Back