372 xp vibration-bad crank?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

272super

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a project 372xp that has a vibration issue. I got it back together and noticed a noticeable vibration especially when you let off the throttle. It's feels like a pulsating from the crankcase. I though it must be bearings,so I replaced them and that did not help. I can easily feel it when I'm revving the saw a bit,like when it's warming up. The crank does not appear to be bent or damaged but I don't have a way to measure tolerances. Does this sound like a bad crank? I'm thinking the clutch side might be slightly bent and causing this issue.The saw runs good otherwise,but I need to rectify this. Thanks

Last edited:
See if the clutch wobbles.

The tolerance is less than .005"

Sorry, I don't have any help for you, but very curious:msp_confused:
Hopefully it's just something simple....Missing clutch spring or Clutch drum bearing???
Keep us posted what you find...Good Luck....:popcorn:

Or, loose, broken, damaged A/V spring?

Some current saws would inflict serious white-finger except for A/V.

check the fly wheel washer i had a washer that was off center im not entirely sure of this was the problem this is one old thread i wonder if anyone will reply lol but if bearing and clutch and drum are good and the crank and piston were fine i had a simple issue were the bar cover didnt tighten down all the way and the chain and bar would vibrate and move a bit pulled it apart cleaned and inspected the surfaces everything and cleaned the bar studs and was fine after that. and check av for anything loose

Back