372 xp w ????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ernurse

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just bought a 372 x-torq. SN starts with 2011. It has a normal 3/4 handle and says x-torq on the cover and on the top info plate. It has the large felling dogs and older style large airfilter. Huskys website shows the current "standard" 372 xp with a small type airfilter and doesn't say x-torq on the cover. Mine looks like the one currently listed as the 372 xp-W x-torq (minus the full wrap bar). Does that mean I have one that is 5.3 hp or 5.5. This saw replaced my older 372xp with the side decomp. It only has 1 tank through it and already feels more powerful than the old one......may just be in my head. Just curious. Any help would be appreciated.

With the X-Torq 372, the "W" in USA model had a full wrap handle, big spikes, and a wider clutch cover. The rest of the saw was the same as a regular 372 X-Torq. The HD air filter was standard on most USA bound 372 X-Torqs. Canada and Australia regular 372's had the low top filter?

With the X-Torq 372, the "W" in USA model had a full wrap handle, big spikes, and a wider clutch cover. The rest of the saw was the same as a regular 372 X-Torq. The HD air filter was standard on most USA bound 372 X-Torqs. Canada and Australia regular 372's had the low top filter?

I wonder why I have the large spikes. Here are some pix.:rock:

Those are the XPW spikes OK. But the rest of the chain saw is just a regular 372 X-Torq.

Some people don't like big spikes and others think they are cool.

Someone traded them?

After trying big spikes for a little while I decided that I didn't actually care for them.

I have a lot of 372's & 365's. You see all kinds of combinations on used ones.

Those are the XPW spikes OK. But the rest of the chain saw is just a regular 372 X-Torq.

Some people don't like big spikes and others think they are cool.

Someone traded them?

After trying big spikes for a little while I decided that I didn't actually care for them.

I have a lot of 372's & 365's. You see all kinds of combinations on used ones.

I bought the saw new from a very reputable amish shop. I have no clue how they ended up on my saw. I actually also prefer the smaller spikes but I will give these a try since they are on there. $780 with 24" bar and 3 chains. Seemed like a good price too me...

I wonder why I have the large spikes. Here are some pix.:rock:

I don't care for the large spikes, you need a two inch longer bar to cut the same as the smaller spikes. I have no use for them here in Pa. If you cut a lot of large pine they are useful. If you still have your old 372 you can swap the spikes.

Later
Dan

I bought the saw new from a very reputable amish shop. I have no clue how they ended up on my saw. I actually also prefer the smaller spikes but I will give these a try since they are on there. $780 with 24" bar and 3 chains. Seemed like a good price too me...

Amish saw dealer. You have to be real close to me. What area are you in. I am in McClure.

Later
Dan

Canada's 372XT are all high top, and the previous (up to 2011 week 51, newest date code seen so far) 372's had the low top and 372's in Canada always had the low top, from the factory, and it was never an option to order them otherwise from the factory. Many dealers on the west coast did convert them to high tops.

Looks like you are two counties apart? 94 mi 1hr 34 min

Last edited:
I prefer the larger ones always. around here you need them. the little spikes on some saws are insulting and don't work worth a !@#$ on even the thinnest bark out here :)

Im in Jersey Shore...Milheim small engine is the shop

I buy a lot of used parts from them, they are good people to deal with. The shop is ran by two Amish brothers, Henry is the one that looks Amish. The other brother left the Amish religion.
Did you ever get to look in the barn for parts? Its an adventure.

Later
Dan

Latest posts

Back