372 xt porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rx7man

Cattle Rubbing Post
Reaction score
I did a search for 372 XT porting, and didn't see a whole lot, one thread mentioned it hadn't been done successfully, but it was from 2011.. any insights? I have a saw with a couple minor scratches on the cylinder I could afford to take some risks with before I replace it... I've never fiddled with any strato saws before except a 4218 poulan, and I didn't have any good experiences even in stock form there.

Do a google search with these words and you will find a detailed thread with the info you are looking for. Be prepared for some reading lol.

372xp xtorq porting forestry

The best thread on the 372-365xt is on Forestry Forum. EHP contributed good info.
I have done 2 XT's. My 365xt cut the same time in 28 inch oak as did my muffler modded 2188. I thought that was pretty good. I sold it to a logger. It is his third XT. His cutters like them.

Do you feel guilty stealing that guys saw?

I have a local shop do mine, just some minor transfer, intake/exhaust work. They are night and day from stock or even just a muff modded saw. A little seems to go a long way on the xt' s.

Non-limited ignition swap is a good idea too.

Does husqvarna still have that hot line for registration of our saws in case they get stolen? We can go online and check to see is a serial number is stolen.

I was bidding on a husqvarna 288XP saw with no serial number tag. I with drew my bid thinking this new looking saw could be stolen.

Must be a hot saw! ;)
I had thought that at first, but then I saw the guy is a legitimate faller, etc.. while not impossible, it did make it less likely, and the saw was in a shop for a new piston, which got screwed up right away, so that part of the story checks out too

Ah so here we go again bragging about THAT deal:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure @huskihl has done a few of them, not sure how much he's around here these days.
I've done a few. I cut the squish band and base, usually only raise the exhaust and transfers to within a couple degrees of where they were. Maybe square up the stratos so they open at the same time

I've done a few. I cut the squish band and base, usually only raise the exhaust and transfers to within a couple degrees of where they were. Maybe square up the stratos so they open at the same time
Your party still starting on Friday next month Kevin? I'm digging hard to get up there that day...

Back