372xp 572xp ms461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowhog

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Local fleet supply had the 372xp 572xp priced at $799.00 the Stihl ms461 was price at $1,179.00. What's up with that? What's the difference between the 372xp and the 572xp?

Local fleet supply had the 372xp 572xp priced at $799.00 the Stihl ms461 was price at $1,179.00. What's up with that? What's the difference between the 372xp and the 572xp?
572xp isn't available Stateside as of yet. If you found one for that price by two and send me one. All I need is your PayPal address.

Mehh, about normal retail i think. 576 is heavier, smoother and a little more power. “First gen” strato on the 576, may or may not have autotune. If given the choice id go with a 372.
Old school 372xp yeppers ... the new 372xp xtra-turd no way lol

I have owned and still own at least one of each of the saws you listed and out those 3, Id choose the 576xp. Its smoother and has more torque than either of the other 2. I don't mean I own them and they sit on a shelf all nice and pretty, these saws get used every day.

I have owned and still own at least one of each of the saws you listed and out those 3, Id choose the 576xp. Its smoother and has more torque than either of the other 2. I don't mean I own them and they sit on a shelf all nice and pretty, these saws get used every day.

I really like my 576 AT. I have never ran a 461. You are saying the 576 has more torque than the 461? I am getting the 572 as soon as it comes out. It will be interesting how it compares to th 576.

My case sample when it comes to ms461 is ONE. That's all Ive ever owned of that model and I still have it. Maybe its just the small sample size, but YES, ALL of my 576 saws both AT and non AT have more torque than the 461. In addition to that, the 461 was a very low hour used saw when I got it that had the tank and handle crushed. I replaced that and put it into service back in the spring. Then the top end went down so I put a meteor piston in it, cleaned the cylinder up and it ran for a few months. Then the big end rod bearing went, so now its been completely gone through from top to bottom, new bearings, new seals and all and through all of that its NEVER been able to cut with a 576xp. YMMV!

One more thing to add, my son, who also works with me, bought an ms460 new several years ago and we use it every day we work too. It has been a hell of a saw as far as reliability goes, but it wont hardly cut with a 576 either in our opinion. The stihls will turn the chain as fast or faster until you really put a load on them and they bog down quicker than the huskies.

Latest posts

Back