372xp air filter cover.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi being new to all this, i have seen two different types of airfilter covers on the 372xp the taller one like on the bigger CC saws and then the more common more "profiled" smaller cover. I have the latter but i think the taller one looks better, is there any beneficial use to having the bigger one and also where can i get one! thanks again ben

The high one is for the HD (heavy duty) air filter (that you likely don't need). Any Husky dealer should be able to get it if you want it, as it is in the part lists. It has nothing to do with the engine.

I don't want it though, as I don't need the HD filter, and it just adds a little weight and bulk to the saw. In the US, they have more or less standardized the HD option though....

2012-01-13_11-41-45_359-1.jpg

I don't need it but I think it looks cool.

Larger surface area allows you to go a little further between cleanings and a fairly robust element are main advantages. No flimsy mesh to poke a hole in. Cons are conversion to HD will cost you about $70-80. OEM filter alone is about $27, aftermarket is or was about half that. You'll need the taller air filter cover, a new air horn, knob and screw also. I added it to my 365 special.

xpg's come standard with the low top filter. The mesh filter won't freeze like the flocked filter does. I don't think you can get an xpg with the HD filter setup. The standard filter cover on the 365 works just fine, as least it has for me on my pair of 2000 365's

I find the low top filters stay cleaner longer.

Would that indicate that it's letting more bad stuff into the carb? I have the tall HD filter/cover that came with it and often wonder about switching it out.

Last edited:
Would that indicate that it's letting more bad stuff into the carb? I have the tall HD filter/cover that came with it and often wonder about switching it out.

No, less stuff clings to it I guess?? I duno, I just find that it needs cleaning less often. Run the yellow lot top filters, they are finer then the black ones.

Back