372xp Carb adjustment after moded muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.E. Metal Werx

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
just moded my muffler and would like to ritchen up the L-H skrews but as most people know they had limiters on them.. my skrews are at the max of the limiters.. what are you guys doing about this... all i have is a muffler mod with no skreen (live in iowa). i read some where ritchining it up a 1/16 turn on the L-H would be enough.. lets here some info.. thanks!

You will need to remove the tabs off of the limiters which restrict their movement. A dremel, razor knife, nail clippers, what ever you have got around the house. You do not need to totally remove the caps. Your saw will have a limited rpm ignition module. Do you have a tach to check the actual rpm's with? If not you might want to buy one or see if your dealer is a cool guy and reset the carb for you. I would suggest buying an unlimited module from Bailey's.

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=NLM+372&catID=

ok.. i hear all you guys talking about a tach... yes i know what i tack in general is but what tach are you speeking up.. a removable one or what? a link to one or a pic might help me out.. thanks

ok.. now i know what im looking for but would a store such as sears- or any possable automotive parts store have one?

The tach would have to be able to work with a 2 cycle engine. Remember that the spark plug fires on every rev. Another thing to consider is a specification called the "refresh rate". You have the throttle held wide open, screwdriver in your other hand, the saw is screaming, and you are trying to get an accurate reading off of the tach so you can quickly make your adjustments. Some tachs take a lot longer than do others to stabilize and give you a reading. Meanwhile, your saw is still at wot. Quicker is better. The tach that Amick's carries has a very fast refresh time.

Back