372XP...Dream Machine???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are correct Bwalker, its a corp bond company, that seeks its own investors, for some reason I thought I saw it on the dow once..lol-Matt

Hey Chainsaw world and fun_chopper

Where in upstate New York are you? I lived in Ballston Spa for a year.

Fun_chopper you probably confused the word Stihl with Steal in the market while they were talking about Chainsaw Al ! :D

What I thought was stihl was "andreas ag" in the world market, and I know the company is officially andreas stihl ag&co...

Well the 372xp fired up no problems out of the box with factory carb settings.I'am breaking it in with a 32:1 fuel mix.No heavy full load cuts (20" bar) till I've put 1-2 gallons of fuel thru it.

It has a adjustable oiler (compared to my ms290) that actually works,which will pay dividends in performance/wear years to come.

Starting set up different then my Stihls but is a snap to adjust to,throddle lock/choke easy to use.

A fine powerfull saw out of the box with plenty of features I like,no regrets with this purchase.

Thanks for your comments,
Rick

Last edited:
just wait untill you run that 372 into some real large rough wood, it'll make you wonder how you ever lived without it!:D

I have been sitting back watching, after getting beat up in the first few rounds.

I actually have not seen an internet purchased saw in my shop as far as I know. I have had a few customers who researched on the net then came in and bought. I have fair prices, I sell at about halfway between retail and cost.

I am sorry to hear more reports about Stihl and Husky wanting to push more stock at the small dealers than what they are comfortable with. In some small population areas 6 different models may be adequate stock if replaced promptly. I try to keep at least 18 saws, but I have three brands now.

There should be some minimum stocking effort expected.

I am glad my distributors do not push stuff at me.

Elux. is smart they know that the consumer market is the number one market for volume sales. They have used you the pro. shop to reach that market. You have told the consumer and sold him with word of mouth that Husky and Stihl are the best (TRUE). You the pro. has made consumers want a Husky or Stihl saw not Poulan or Sears. The home owner likes to feel he has a pro saw same as you and I. Husky has made the move to capture this markrt. Small shops have always been used as a spring board to the retail consumer market by companys. Like it or not this is just the business world.
I can say this for sure some repair shops are going to profit from this move. The consumer alreadys knows that the PRO. shop can repair his saw because that is were he learned about the husky. Now it up to the shop owner go with the change or drop out. You know there is a saying don't cut your nose off to spited your face.
None of us like change when it affect us. Just have to go with it.

There will be no Husky in Low's or Sears that is a pro saw like you sale(from Rep) in Wilson when saws were introduces to low's sale employees. Rep had a Stihl so employees could see the differents in the two saws and why Husky was the better saw. The company Husky is playing a Head game with the consumer. He only knows the name is the same name and color of pro saw.YOU the PRO. shop knows the differents. Labor is the same some thing to think about. Don't bite the hand that feeds you this could be it.

The number one forum ARBORIST SITE

Jack

RedMaxx might be a good name for your Avatar.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back