372XP free bee

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blsnelling
It really seems to be in pretty good condition. I've been working on the lower transfers tonight, can't do much else without the piston....

You should be able to widen the intake and exhaust to a full 70% of bore. You can do what you wish with the upper transfers as well. The skirts are wide and the ring locating pins towards the middle of the intake. Gasket match the cylinder base. There's room for a LOT of improvement there.

TRI955

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
Gasket match the cylinder base. There's room for a LOT of improvement there.

That's exactly what I did, gasket matched the base and put a knife edge on the wall in between the transfer ports.

DSCN2639.jpg

DSCN2641.jpg

I also bead blasted the muffler on did a muffler mod, I just opened up the existing hole, this way it will still look factory when done.

DSCN2643.jpg

I'll be using some hi-temp paint on it tonight.

Last edited:
blsnelling
Already did, they're tight.

I'm talking about the rod bearing. It's a not too uncommon failure. Just something to check.

Have you started porting the intake and exhaust yet? Gonna pretty this one up, or just get it running for now? See, none of the rest of us got a free modern saw like that. So we have to live vicariously through you:clap:

TRI955

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
I'm talking about the rod bearing. It's a not too uncommon failure. Just something to check.

Have you started porting the intake and exhaust yet? Gonna pretty this one up, or just get it running for now? See, none of the rest of us got a free modern saw like that. So we have to live vicariously through you:clap:

Yes, the top bearing is tight too.

I have not messed with the exhaust or intake yet. Saw is just getting cleaned up, not pretty.

TRI955

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
We need to set up a intervention for that poor fellow. He seems to have forgotten that the Holy Grail of saws are cream color and orange.

More of a brand traitor than Mike?
:biggrinbounce2:

How would I be a brand traitor?? If your talking about those red saws, I still have quite the collection....just because I don't have it listed in my sig line doesn't mean that I don't still have them!

I think Wiggs and I have just seen the light...

blsnelling
How would I be a brand traitor?? If your talking about those red saws, I still have quite the collection....just because I don't have it listed in my sig line doesn't mean that I don't still have them!

I think Wiggs and I have just seen the light...

Yeah. He really wants a 346/2153, but just won't admit it:hmm3grin2orange:

TRI955

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
Ok back on subject...

That's exactly what I did, gasket matched the base and put a knife edge on the wall in between the transfer ports.

DSCN2639.jpg

DSCN2641.jpg

I also bead blasted the muffler on did a muffler mod, I just opened up the existing hole, this way it will still look factory when done.

DSCN2643.jpg

I'll be using some hi-temp paint on it tonight.

Should I remove material at the bottom of the transfers (remove some of the cylinder wall) so it flows better??

blsnelling
Should I remove material at the bottom of the transfers (remove some of the cylinder wall) so it flows better??

I make it even with the base of the cylinder. When I gasket/case match, I also remove some of the cylinder that sticks down into the case. Doing this will open up the sides of the piston. This is what led me to start windowing the piston.

Latest posts