372XP or MS 441 M-Tronic?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ordered another M-Tronic? Nothin wrong with that I guess. Next you should get a 390xp if you’re into heavy horsepower.

This should be a good one...I believe these saws are going to be pretty close to the same, but let's see what the opinion on here is.

I've had several friends who are loggers in the area tell me to try a 372XP as my next saw. I've currently got an MS361 that's on it's way to Stumpy's right now, and an MS441 M-Tronic. All my saws do is cut firewood, about 500 cords a season, no falling or anything like that for me. Depending on how the magic goes on my 361, I might just buy a 362 and have Stumpy go over it as well and not buy another big saw, but that's to be determined.

Right now my argument is which one would you guys suggest I get...another 441 M-Tronic or a 372XP?

PLEASE PLEASE...keep the brand bashing out of here, I know these threads can turn into a brand war and that's not what I'm looking for. I want practical information as to which saw is going to be my best bet for power and durability.

Have to say it will boil down to Personal preference, Dealer and price. AND its worth another 100 if you really like one saw or another so don't let price alone be your deciding factor. Have to say either one will make you both proud and happy. If you can't decide which you like best, go with the shop where you feel most welcome and want to spend time and dollars with in the future. If you get more serious with cutting and or if wood becomes more important for heating, you have to see the dealer as some what of a partner in that wood cutting venture.

BIG time! Not even in the same ballpark.

I agree the 372 will kick it around but he's not felling just bucking.Unless he is cutting 20" hickory the 361 will do all he needs. If he was knocking big stumps I would buy the 441 M saw over the 372XP any day. The 372 is a great saw I know and I am not knocking Husqvarna but the 441M owns it.

i have anywhere from $100 fuel bill a week to $1500 .i want the work done as fast as possible with fuel not being a determining factor. i drive 11 mpg truck daily if fuel mattered it would be first to go

i have anywhere from $100 fuel bill a week to $1500 .i want the work done as fast as possible with fuel not being a determining factor. i drive 11 mpg truck daily if fuel mattered it would be first to go

Terry, You know good and well that the extra one or two tanks of fuel your 372 uses a day is about to break you. Not to mention the vast amount of time it takes for you to fuel it up.

well ifn i didnt leave my fuel at the gate and drive 1/2 mile to the landing then ride 1/4 mile into the bush my refueling wouldn be a problem.but yes the 10 bucks a week in fuel is killing me :help:

How about the test of Time? 20 years from now will they compare the latest 70cc EPA 44x M-Tronic to the old school stuff and use the MS 440 and 372xp as bench marks? I bet so.:biggrin:

I would have to stay with the 372. I have not ran the new 441 but have ran a 440 , and even if i did like the new saw I wouldnt buy it because I dont like the dealers in my area, dont like the way the new stihls feel, dont like the prices they want for them, mainly I just dont like the newer stihls period

How many of you that voted 372 have run a 441C M-Tronic?

this guy:msp_thumbsup:and the gripes I have against the 441 are not power related, they're things related to the platform which they all share. I don't slam the 441 as it has proven it self in my eyes and is a fine saw, but you couldn't give me one:cheers:

I hate to see it, But I may me old school, I dont have a auto tune saw and wont have one. I can tune my own saw, they may be great but I just dont want one. Not to say you guys shouldnt have them and love them just not for me.

this guy:msp_thumbsup:and the gripes I have against the 441 are not power related, they're things related to the platform which they all share. I don't slam the 441 as it has proven it self in my eyes and is a fine saw, but you couldn't give me one:cheers:
I fully respect an opinion like that! Fair and honest.

I hate to see it, But I may me old school, I dont have a auto tune saw and wont have one. I can tune my own saw, they may be great but I just dont want one. Not to say you guys shouldnt have them and love them just not for me.
Now don't take this personal, but that arguement is totally illogical. Do you also say, "I refuse to drive a fuel injected vehicle. I know how to tune my own. They may be great, run cleaner, get better economy, but I just won't have one.". Now think about that for a second. I'm not saying we don't all have a right to our own opinions, but that reasoning makes no sense to me:cheers:

Latest posts

Back