372XP Rebuild and mod.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 4200 is a W hor E to start also... should be the same saw with smaller displacemen correct?

Not really sure? They look quite different, so its a different saw. The 5200 is 85cc

Good! Glad you got it figured out.

But you know what they say.....:popcorn:

Did find any gains with the fixed vent?

Don't know yet, was only cutting small wood, will know next time I get that 28" bar burried. But ya it had some gains I would guess, it ran great the whole time, instead of dying out all the time!!

yeah the 4200 is on 70-72... thought the 5200 was the big daddy of that series, but its been too many years.. glad to hear the 372 runs great now

Not really sure? They look quite different, so its a different saw. The 5200 is 85cc

Don't know yet, was only cutting small wood, will know next time I get that 28" bar burried. But ya it had some gains I would guess, it ran great the whole time, instead of dying out all the time!!

Well good.
Where are you at with your carb screws now?
Got some full you could put on that 28'' instead of the skip?

Well good.

probably 1 1/4 now? I screwed with it so much last time, I'm not really certain where it is now, I'll have to turn it in and count.

Ya I got loads of chain, that's just the first one I found that fit the bar, I know I got a newish full comp semi chisel chain, plus a couple hundred feet of Stihl chain as well, 100' of skip and 100' of full comp.

probably 1 1/4 now? I screwed with it so much last time, I'm not really certain where it is now, I'll have to turn it in and count.

Ya I got loads of chain, that's just the first one I found that fit the bar, I know I got a newish full comp semi chisel chain, plus a couple hundred feet of Stihl chain as well, 100' of skip and 100' of full comp.

Well sounds like you don't really need the bigger carb after all.

Man, thats a lot of chain!

Has the comp. come up any?

Well good.

Well sounds like you don't really need the bigger carb after all.

Man, thats a lot of chain!

Has the comp. come up any?

Ya I got tons of chain, got a pile of 1/4-3/4 used chains as well, I keep using the used stuff I have first, I've only made one chain so far from one of my Stihl rolls.

Did not check compression again yet, had a busy day. Will check it after a couple more tanks.

It's funny that you bumped this today, I was going to try and find your 7900 thread and see how you were coming on that one.

Hey isn't that surgical tubing the stretchy stuff...?

Would make for a great sling-shot :monkey:

Ran a half tank of gas today, not much but something, ran great in 24" wood, no signs of overheating at all, crank hasn't blown up yet. Checked comp when I got home, in between 210-215.

Back