372XP Rebuild and mod.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I figured out what the tank vent issue was, I must have had a retard moment when putting the tank on.

This is the way it looked when installed, as soon as I popped the green elbow off I heard the tank start venting.

WOW! Tested today when cold, after 1 tank of gas. HMM What to do? I think I'm just going to run it and see what happens.

Hey Will looks like a runner for sure,,,, I had a tank vent eat my lunch one time on a Husky,,, Huh,, JJ????? keep it fat for sure or JJ's right,,,, It may start to detonate on Pump gas,,,,104 Sunoco would work well!!!! good seeing you bud!!!

I think next time I'll shoot for 300psi and convert to Diesel.

At that level you could just run it on methanol and nitro...

Hey Will looks like a runner for sure,,,, I had a tank vent eat my lunch one time on a Husky,,, Huh,, JJ????? keep it fat for sure or JJ's right,,,, It may start to detonate on Pump gas,,,,104 Sunoco would work well!!!! good seeing you bud!!!

Yep- those Husky tank vents are temperamental to say the least. I just replace them with a new one now on every rebuild I do.

I wonder if it's getting hot in the cut, causing it to go lean?

No, Tank vent hose was pinched right in half. Did ya watch the vid??? It stalled right out in the cut, I cracked the cap open and away it went again, it aint going to cool down that fast.

Thanks Rick, good to see ya around again.

At that level you could just run it on methanol and nitro...

Yep- those Husky tank vents are temperamental to say the least. I just replace them with a new one now on every rebuild I do.

LOL, that would make it fast!!

This one was completely blocked, before I took it apart and could not blow nor suck through the hose. Its fine now, put a new hose on it.

Latest posts

Back