372xp Stalling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look on the Stihl site itself for this model and several other forums. I myself have had to fix a few with bearing problems under the sprocket. My dad used ether for the same thing for years he was a master mechanic for Piedmont Airlines and the army. I myself am a master mechanic. As long as it is running and don't go spray crazy it will at least help. But hey maybe you use water to test for an intake leak. If you feel so inclined get a spray bottle and dump mix in it.
o_O

Well I hate to admit defeat but I dropped the saw off today. It's under warranty still and I have no clue why it's doing this. Once I get an get it fixed I'll let you guy's know the verdict.

FWIW, theres a little shop in Norton Mass on Rt 123 which will remain nameless that sell Husqvarna, and Echo. Don't go there. I recently moved and they were closer to me than where I purchased the saw so I stopped in. It was my second time there, first time I just browsed. I plopped the saw up on the counter and explained my issue and the guy gives me a clueless shrug. I ask if he would look at the saw and he say's he only warranty's what he sells. I say "your a Husqvarna Dealer right?" he tells me he's only a small outfit and warranty's only what he sells.

Then he proceeds to tell me my 372 is basically junk and is nothing like the "original" 372xp and he doesn't even carry them for that reason. Now I know they are not the same but I would not consider it a piece of junk.

I'm somewhat jerked at this point but I'm containing my emotions. I ask him if he has a 28" skip chain in stock as I needed one of those as well. He tells me no and doesn't even offer to order me one.

I'll never step foot in that place again. Too bad for him cause I like toy's and they're accessories.

Dropped the saw off at a much larger Husqvarna dealer further away and the guy in service was cool. He even took a quick look at the saw to see if anything was obvious. Should be done within the week. They will get my business from now on.

I have the same problem with husky dealer in my area. My 372xp like yours is brand new and no way junk, it has lots of power. I put a 32" with semi chisel chain (not skip tooth) and cut my 40" round OAK very nicely. I cut slabs about 14" and then ripped them with my 18" bar and semi chisel chain. Lots of cool noodles.
The saw cut great but the problem we have Discussed is an annoying. I have about 15 tank fulls through by now. I bought it in 2012. I use premium grade fuel in all my saws with no past problems in my 350 and two 357s. I use USED 10-30w motor oil for bar oil. I did use Bar oil with the 32" bar but motor oil when ripping with the 18" Forester Bar. No problems. I do work careful with my equipment, I let the saw set the cutting speed, not bearing down or cutting dull.
I also have had to lock tight the cover screws as they vibrate lose.

Please let me know what your saw fix is.

Update: Got off of the phone with the dealer and they had to order a new carburetor from Husqvarna. Should have the saw back next week and I'll give another update.

Try taking the carb off and see if any dirt is in the screen take the limiters off and back the needles all the way out and make sure nothing is o. Needles blow thro holes and put back together and hopefully prob fixed

Try taking the carb off and see if any dirt is in the screen take the limiters off and back the needles all the way out and make sure nothing is o. Needles blow thro holes and put back together and hopefully prob fixed

The saw is at the dealer getting a new carburetor. Should be covered under warranty.

Picked up the saw yesterday from the dealer. As I said earlier they replaced the carburetor under warranty. I asked the guy I picked it up from if they knew what was the carb issue but he did not know. My guess is since the saw is new with maybe 10 tanks of fuel through it (always used canned premix like VP/Motomix/Truefuel) they tried to tune it to no avail and just replaced the carb. I haven't cut with it yet but it seems to run good. Hope to cut tomorrow so I'll give a final post after it's chewed some wood.

Back