372xp vs 576xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climber338

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey guys ive been doing tree care for the past few years and now im starting to get into the bigger jobs. i just cant keep beating on my dads rancher and its about time i get a larger saw. I want to run a 20" bar on the saw and have it perform very well and id like to be able to toss a 24" or 28" bar on it from time to time for flushing stumps or bucking larger trees. ive seen guys run 24" bars on both of these saws but so i know that they can both pull it. Just want your 2 cents and im open to other brand saws as well but i am kinda a husky guy. Thanks

IMHO the 576 balances better with a 24" bar than does the 372.

You need to feel of them at the dealer

The 576 with the auto tune carb is a sweetheart

Can't say anything about the 576 but I have some time on a 372 it will not disapoint. That said I like the feel of my 440 better flame me now husky guys.:msp_tongue:

The 576 is a fine saw with the autotune. It is stronger than a 372 stock. I've not ran a new x torq 372 so I'm not sure how close they are. I have had a 576 and old version 372 at the same time.

576XP

I ran mine with a 20 inch bar and 8 pin. Never really bogged it. Certainly has more torque over a much wider RPM range than the original 372XP. Can't comment on the 372XP X-Torq,

I would say the 576XP is a lighter, faster spooling, higher reving, reincarnation of the old 281XP, and yes I did own and run a 281XP for many years.

Take Care

The 372XT/2172XT is supposedly a very strong runner. If i were to go with a 576, it would be autotune.

If you are running a 20" or 24" bar mostly I wouldn't hesitate to get the 372. If you plan on running a 28" much I'd grab the 576 or mod a 372. Its better to have to much saw than not enough.

Latest posts

Back