372xp w/ xtorq vs. 372 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you are the boss and you probably not even following this threat anymore but I got the fake Husqvarna 372 extra torque from China by mistake I burnt it out in a month I think it was my own fault.
Tree fell on it and bounced off cover broke air cleaner attachments. Ran out without an e at clean up blah blah blah .
Can I put the non XT piston and cylinder on that saw?
I'm sure you know the answer thank you very much if you take the time to answer this
The non-xTorq saw will take better to mods. That's not to say that the XTorq isn't a good saw.

Not Brad, but you can put an oe p/c on either an OE or XT case. But cannot put an XT p/c on OE case unless you grind on it a little.

Not Brad, but you can put an oe p/c on either an OE or XT case. But cannot put an XT p/c on OE case unless you grind on it a little.
Thanku for that explanation.
So I can convert from the XT back to the original equipment without any additional grinding the XT case will take either model's p/c, correct?

Sure, I try to only use OEM. Especially bearings, crank and p/c. Your saw, your call.
Duce Thanks.
I mean I kind of lucked out It was only a $275 fake Husqvarna that Got damaged by the dead tree old by the tree the second week I owned it. But I also see your point now's the chance to upgrade it with high grade original equipment internal combustion parts maybe I'll be more careful next time thank you again for taking the time to respond

Back