390 loses battle with log pile

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, this is NOT my saw. :)

Logger/customer. But talk about "should have known better", he's a third, in a fourth generation logging family. These guys are really hard on saws. Brought me a bunch of carcasses and they are more beat up than blown up.
That's going to be hard on the old billfold.

Well, you could ask him if he wanted the total repair for the serious clam$, or just a fast repair for 5 dolla..

Sledge hammer to bar, sorta straight, duct tape the case, give it back to em..just to see the look on his face....

:laugh:Watcha gonna do with that bar? I think you could put that in the vise and pull on it a little and it will be good as new. Ah, poop happens...

That bar is just like the first time I was on a saw. Bck in the early 50s farmer I worked for wanted some fenceposts, loaded up, found a big tamarack snag. Saw was one of those old, old saws (blasted memory won't bring up the brand name, it'll come to me 2 sec after I post), 4' bar with an outboard assist handle - that was where I was. We did the undercut, got the bar well buried in the back cut when the whole stump just collapsed, tree sat straight down but by then I was 2 counties away and gaining speed. Came back and saw sitting there happily put-putting away with a perfect 90* bend in the bar right in the middle. Other than new bar and chain, nothing needed except a couple pair of shorts.

Harry K

That was obvious from the first post - maybe you need reading glasses! :givebeer:

I normally start on the second page so I really have no clue what Im talking about. It keeps the post interesting :p
Jan 29 I get the first cataract removed and Ill only need one lens in my reading glasses
timthumb.php

I normally start on the second page so I really have no clue what Im talking about. It keeps the post interesting :p
Jan 29 I get the first cataract removed and Ill only need one lens in my reading glasses
timthumb.php

Sad story indeed - I hope it isn't true.....:confused:!

Latest posts

Back