390 vs 395

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blocking firewood for me is long, monotonous work. I personally would prefer a lighter saw to do it, but that's just me. The 395 by far makes more power at 6.6 horses, but it's also pushing 20 pounds... that's alot to be shoving around for a day. The MS390 makes only 4.3 horsepower, but at 13 pounds it won't wear you down as fast. 4 horsepower is more than enough to block some wood, but it's up to you. I personally think the 395 is too much saw for the job (i'm a skinny :censored:). If you wan't to stick with husky look at a 570 or step up to a 372... both have plenty of power to get the job done. I would get a Stihl (MS390 or MS361) because i have better dealers, that's what it comes down to for me.

Blocking firewood for me is long, monotonous work. I personally would prefer a lighter saw to do it, but that's just me. The 395 by far makes more power at 6.6 horses, but it's also pushing 20 pounds... that's alot to be shoving around for a day. The MS390 makes only 4.3 horsepower, but at 13 pounds it won't wear you down as fast. 4 horsepower is more than enough to block some wood, but it's up to you. I personally think the 395 is too much saw for the job (i'm a skinny :censored:). If you wan't to stick with husky look at a 570 or step up to a 372... both have plenty of power to get the job done. I would get a Stihl (MS390 or MS361) because i have better dealers, that's what it comes down to for me.

MY BAD... I hear 390 i think Stihl... Sorry..:dizzy:

They are both strong runners either choice would be a good one I hear that the 390 responds even better to mods than the 395. My 395 was strong out of the box but not enough for me so I ported my 395 and it is a world of difference. If your not brand loyal to husky you should check out the dolmar 7900 they run really good.

Latest posts

Back