390xp/395xp replacement ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody86

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new saw next year was thinking of getting a 395xp but as Stihl has brought out a ms 661 I'm wondering I should maybe hold on and wait and see if husqvarna are coming up with anything... Any 1 know of a new saw coming out from husqvarna? I have searched the net but luck.

Been wondering the same. Haven't heard of anything new in the 90cc class. I imagine that husky would be working on a 90cc xp xtorq autotune.

Iv been thinking the same, don't fancy buying a 395xp then something new coming out in the next couple of months after that...

There reason I'm after a husqvarna is I can use it better than a stihl, I had a bad hand injury last year and can't use my index finger very well, stihl have small triggers as husqvarna have a bigger where I can get both index and middle finger on it :), other wise I would consider a stihl I'm not brand loyal I love both husky and stihl

Some folks wish they had bought a new 372xp before the xtorq, or a new 346xp before it was gone. I could forsee the same for the 395XP.
Fair point... But as I have a 560/562xp, which I personally think 1 of the best 60cc out there, maybe the new 90cc husky might have the same success

Fair point... But as I have a 560/562xp, which I personally think 1 of the best 60cc out there, maybe the new 90cc husky might have the same success

Sounds good to me! If we're not carefull, we will start a rumor that a new 90cc husky is right around the corner....maybe we should give it a model number before someone else does?

Well if you don't think there will be 1 out for a few years... Which 1 should I go for the 390xp or the 395xp... Heard good things about both... :)

Well if you don't think there will be 1 out for a few years... Which 1 should I go for the 390xp or the 395xp... Heard good things about both... :)

It really depends on your personal needs and preferences. They are both proven reliable performers.

I dunno. With how smooth and downright 'juicy' my 394 runs, I don't think I'd want a newer biggish saw. It's kinda nice to have a basic old carb and nothing complicated. For that matter, even my old 288s are very pleasant to run. Nice and smooth, good torque and rpms, ample oilers. If it were me, I'd just be looking for a great condition 395 or 394.

I would got for the 390xp as its slightly lighter and more ergonomic. Sweet saw with a 28 incher But that's me.

I was kind of holding out for the latest model especially after getting a 550xp, but after hearing the same thing I picked up a 2188.

Latest posts

Back