390xp Highspeed problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where did you ever see a stock 390 that 4 stroked at 13.5? lol was the one you had the only one you had experience with? 13.5 is what i tune stock 390's at and none of them 4 stroke warm. ya hear them buzz a little bit cold lol to run one at 13.8 is about the max healthy tune you will get away with without any upper transfer work and even then you need your other work done right. most guys doing there first port job won't know where to go to make them do those RPM happily and end up just making a stronger saw that doesn't do anymore RPM's then stock which is fine. if you port them a certain way the bottom ends run alot wetter so they are more up the the task of managing the higher RPM.

now this saw is rich lol
The stock 390 with unlimited coil and MM I had ran around 14,100 and still four stroked plenty. Every saw is different, I've seen things at the other end of the pendulum as well.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

The stock 390 with unlimited coil and MM I had ran around 14,100 and still four stroked plenty. Every saw is different, I've seen things at the other end of the pendulum as well.

so your telling me you had a unicorn? i've owned like 20 and worked on over 100 i would think by now but didn't count. anyone who knows 390's knows none of them 4 stroke that high stock. if you were close i would believe it but you are way way way over what they quit 4 stroking at. if you were talking a 372 then yes, i would agree it is running rich.

so your telling me you had a unicorn? i've owned like 20 and worked on over 100 i would think by now but didn't count. anyone who knows 390's knows none of them 4 stroke that high stock. if you were close i would believe it but you are way way way over what they quit 4 stroking at. if you were talking a 372 then yes, i would agree it is running rich.
Well I sold that saw off so that's that, but yes it ran just fine at 14,000. Maybe you tune your saws rich? Or run limited coils?[emoji6] Without the MM I have no idea what rpm's they like to run, I always open up the muffler and install an unlimited coil, before I run most saws.. You need to run my 346 unicorn!![emoji4]

Well I sold that saw off so that's that, but yes it ran just fine at 14,000. Maybe you tune your saws rich.[emoji6] Without the MM I have no idea what rpm's they like to run, I always open up the muffler before I run most saws.. You need to run my 346 unicorn!![emoji4]

the highest transfer stock saws i ever seen run the best and they still don't do a happy 14k work tune. there's all kinds of people in the bush, many push there saws to the limit and those guys are always the ones having problems. you sold the saw mint and must have hardly had 10 tanks on the thing over a couple years, that's the only saw you have experience with? that's not enough to even judge a single stock 390 for what it is let alone give you the confidence to advise people to tune their stock saw 500 RPM above spec lol

the highest transfer stock saws i ever seen run the best and they still don't do a happy 14k work tune. there's all kinds of people in the bush, many push there saws to the limit and those guys are always the ones having problems. you sold the saw mint and must have hardly had 10 tanks on the thing over a couple years, that's the only saw you have experience with? that's not enough to even judge a single stock 390 for what it is let alone give you the confidence to advise people to tune their stock saw 500 RPM above spec lol
Please read my previous posts more carefully, I specifically said 13,500 is probably best, and that you can't simply tune a saw to a given rpm and call it good.

where did you ever see a stock 390 that 4 stroked at 13.5? lol was the one you had the only one you had experience with? 13.5 is what i tune stock 390's at and none of them 4 stroke warm. ya hear them buzz a little bit cold lol to run one at 13.8 is about the max healthy tune you will get away with without any upper transfer work and even then you need your other work done right. most guys doing there first port job won't know where to go to make them do those RPM happily and end up just making a stronger saw that doesn't do anymore RPM's then stock which is fine. if you port them a certain way the bottom ends run alot wetter so they are more up the the task of managing the higher RPM.

now this saw is rich lol
Not up here in theeeeee cut you are a dreamer at most

12.8 is rich no matter where you are. Why do I say that with confidence? Your lack of experience shows right through. How many 390’s do you have experience with? Dreamer lol

Dude, you said that you tune your 390’s to 12.8. You made yourself look like a fool to anyone who knows a 390 lol

Back