390xp purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasper89

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Are there any particular parts of the 390xp that are of particular concern if you were purchasing a used one?

I plan to pull the muffler and do a compression test, what else would you look at?

What is a good one worth?

Please no brand bashing. Thanks!

The numbers off the ID tag are 965-0607-00

I know that the year of manufacture is in there somewhere. Just need to find that thread,

Yeah it will have the year and then a long serial number.

Yeah it will have the year and then a long serial number.

I took time but I got it. The serial number is 070200046.

So it is a 2007 model? Is that good? The operator presence lever is gone so that may require a tank and handle assembly to repair. (That is a guess on my part)

What is a fail value if you can tell from my poor description. Thank you for your help

Frank

I took time but I got it. The serial number is 070200046.

So it is a 2007 model? Is that good? The operator presence lever is gone so that may require a tank and handle assembly to repair. (That is a guess on my part)

What is a fail value if you can tell from my poor description. Thank you for your help

Frank
The operator presence lever is a $3 part that can be replaced.

The early ones were more likely to have those problems but start it an turn it all sides down and up and see if the idle changes. Sometimes it would spin the bearing in the case. The early cylinder had better timing and seemed to run a hair stronger.

The early ones were more likely to have those problems but start it an turn it all sides down and up and see if the idle changes. Sometimes it would spin the bearing in the case. The early cylinder had better timing and seemed to run a hair stronger.

Thank you. Your expertise is appreciated. Frank

Back