is the Husqvarna T540XP a bad saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnhensley

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was planning to pick up a new T540XP Mark iii to go along with my 550XP. But after searching on the forum most of the threads were related to issues with the previous variants.

This will not be a commercially used saw, if purchased. Would just be used around the house to help us clear and trim trees on a small 3 acre property.
What input do you guys have?

That is the new designed in Japan top handle that is unlike the mk 1 and 2. Usually Europe gets that stuff first. I have been able to download the owners manual but not the parts sheet. It makes more power because it revs higher. Uses the .325 mini chain with an 8 tooth nose sprocket. What time frame did you expect to find a place to buy one?

My local dealer said they have 2 on order, and have already received an invoice. So they are expecting them soon.

So I was told.

I was planning to pick up a new T540XP Mark iii to go along with my 550XP. But after searching on the forum most of the threads were related to issues with the previous variants.

This will not be a commercially used saw, if purchased. Would just be used around the house to help us clear and trim trees on a small 3 acre property.
What input do you guys have?

Personally, the fact that they've now revised this saw for the second time would make me wary. While it looks solid and the descriptions are positive.....what happens when they have major failures and release an MKIV? You the consumer are hopefully not left with a lemon, as Husqy will not take care of you or your issues.

Throwing money at a problem doesn't fix the problem. Fixing the problem fixes the problem.

I've had two 562s go bad and am not into the hopped up XP versions of the 5 series. Less reported problems with the detuned and non-stuffed saws.

The 550XP MKII that I have has been running like a top for the last 2 years, with heavy but seasonal use.

I wasn’t hesitant at all about the T540 until I searched the forums.

Latest posts

Back