391 Crank Bearing seized?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1stgei

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well.... I’m confused as heck now. Got the new bearing today on the clutch side. Looking closely it appears the original bearing (internal part ) is seized on the shaft. And I cannot get it off. Does this look normal to you guys? When I took the saw apart I noticed the balls And outer bearing ring come apart. The new bearing is complete by with what I’m looking at now , the original part is seized on and I cannot slide on a new one , OR this model has a different design where the bearing seat is fixed and the balls and rings are assembled different? Take a look at the photos. Any help is appreciated. This saw is gonna be tossed soon!
308f1c7c8d8dafa558e32892c966e72c.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

Im a fan of using a tool designed for it. But i would not be afraid of a tad bit of heat and some penetrating oil. Just a little bit of heat on the bearing race will help suck the penetrating oil in.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

If you can't get a grip on the inner race...
you can reassemble the bearing if you saved all the balls.
You can put the outer race on and put the balls in place with grease to keep them spread out then you will be able to pull the bearing by the outer race.

Back