394-->395xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IchWarriorMkII

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What sort of design changes did the Husqvarna 394 undergo to 'become' the 395xp?

I've looked at a few online, none first hand and they appear to be mostly the same cosmetically...

394 is a two-port motor with a solid carb mount.
395 is a four-port with a rubber boot mount.

Other than that, I can't see anything else.

394 is a two-port motor with a solid carb mount.
395 is a four-port with a rubber boot mount.

Other than that, I can't see anything else.

:jawdrop: That was new info to me!

Otherwise I think most 395s have a side chain tensioner, but apparently not all, maybe the so-called see-trough tank as well...... :confused:

So, theoretically speaking, would the 395 or 394 be easier/more responsive to a woods porting?? I'm not going to assume that four is better than two ports here. Also, do the cylinders both fit the same case? in other words, if somebody found a used cylinder on ebay, 395, would it fit a 394 case?? Just curious. Thanks.

:jawdrop: That was new info to me!

Otherwise I think most 395s have a side chain tensioner, but apparently not all, maybe the so-called see-trough tank as well...... :confused:

when did the 395's come out with side chain tensioners?? ive ran sever '06 models that didn't have them..always wished they did tho.

when did the 395's come out with side chain tensioners?? ive ran sever '06 models that didn't have them..always wished they did tho.

That was much earlier than 2006, but the info availiable is quite confusing, it could be just a rumor really - I am confused......

Last edited:
well

So, theoretically speaking, would the 395 or 394 be easier/more responsive to a woods porting??

I'm not going to assume that four is better than two ports here. Also, do the cylinders both fit the same case? in other words, if somebody found a used cylinder on ebay, 395, would it fit a 394 case?? Just curious. Thanks.

Well the genetics are there for the 395 to be a little more but the 394 turns out decent too. I would think that one would bolt on the other but I have never done it .

looked at a new 395 today...bought w/in the last month or so. new model with the EX emblem of the air cleaner..and it still had the front chain tensioner

Back