394 crank interchange 395

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rikeds

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking for a some tech help. I have a Husky 395 with a bad connecting rod bearing. I may be able to get a good deal on an unused 394 crank with new case bearings included. I've got mixed messages on whether this crank will interchange on the 395. The stroke is the same - yet, part numbers are different. Anyone have any experience with this interchange or have any words of wisdom?

Is it possible no one has done this interchange? Let me try an easier question. If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around does it make a sound?

Seriously, does anyone know if the 394 crank & bearings will work with the 395 unit or have any experience trying this? From what I can tell from the IPL, the cases are exactly the same. The crank, case bearings, and top end have different part numbers. I've been told by a couple different people that the crank will interchange .... but, it's always been followed with an "I'm pretty sure". Just hoping to get an affirmative.

If someone was positive it would or wouldn't interchange they would have told you. I frankly have no clue as to whether or not they will. I think you should spend some time doing a search and see what is different between the saws. maybe the short block is the same but they changed the rear handle/ gas tank or chain tensioner like on the 371/372. How much money would you save if you had to buy a 395 crank and a 394 crank? if you bought the 394 crank and you couldn't use it or return it, you could ebay it.

Good luck to you my friend

buck

I've never interchanged one personally but, I'm pretty sure the only difference is the 394 has the flywheel key in the crankshaft, and the 395 has the key on the flywheel.

Great - thx very much for the feedback.

Grand Dog - how would that work - do you think I would need to swap the flywheel as well?

Richard

I dont have a new and old style crank or flywheel to inspect at the same time. They could really orient the key anywhere but, common sense would say they're located in the same place.

ok - thx for the tip. I have both at the house. I will take a look and see what I can determine. Will post what I find.

Thx,
Richard

Latest posts

Back